Disclaimer: Products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. Contains referral links
I have worked with the lovely Jennifer at Beautibi over this past year and have been so grateful that she has sent me items from time to time to test and review ~ not only giving her valuable feedback, but this also allows me to introduce a brand to my readers! A couple of weeks back, she sent me some items from a Taiwanese brand, Loveisderma, to try. Loveisderma is a Taiwanese brand that works with ISDERMA Inc in Southern California.
LOVEISDERMA Skin Care formulas consist of only the purest, most powerful ingredients available, which are sourced throughout the world. Each and every ingredient has been clinically tested for both safety and superior efficacy. Designed with unsurpassed formulation technology, LOVEISDERMA Skin Care products are extremely effective, bringing about positive clinical results that are unequaled by other non-prescription skincare products.
If you follow me on Instagram, I did review the AMAZING facial sheet mask there last week!
Deep Hydrating Bio Cellulose Mask This is a HUGE mask package ~ the reason behind this is that the mask is just folded in half vertically so it retains its shape better. It is a bio cellulose mask that has a “remarkable fluid-holding capacity of up to 100 times its dry weight” and Loveisderma claims that
- It will fit your face like a second skin
- Provide 80% more moisture retention after just 30 minutes
This mask has 3 parts to it ~ two protective papers ~ pearl (plastic) and a thicker paper one. This helps keep the jiggy wiggly mask intact and not crumple like a cheap suit. The mask is blindly white and I am not smelling too much scent here ~ it is also very wet. Apply by removing the thicker paper side first, apply mask to face and then remove the plastic pearl paper. These extra papers help keep the integrity of the mask shape as well as help aid with the application, because the mask is so slippery.
Ingredients of Note
None of the ingredients in this mask are triggers for irritation or acne, according to cosDNA.com
- Aloe Vera is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) is a brightening ingredient as well as reducing flaking and smoothing your skin. It is also an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory.
- Cucumber helps to regulate the water and oil level of the skin to prevent appearance of blemishes.
- Polyglutamic Acid is made from fermented soybeans (natto) and helps moisturize and exfoliate old skin cells. It can penetrate to the deepest layers in your skin, locks in moisture and helps increase the production of NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor)
- Chamomile can calm down the skin and relieve redness effectively as it has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to relieve skin issues and irritations because it soothes and lessens swelling and redness, while healing skin and stimulating cellular renewal.
- Hydrolyzed Yeast protein is made from hydrolyzed amino acids, peptides and proteins. They are effective in moisturizing, smoothing and hydrating skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
I have to say there is a TON of essence in this mask ~ I tried to take a photo of the package contents, but I am not sure you really can get a sense of perspective here ~ I had about 3 palmfuls of essence that I slathered on my face, neck, arms and even legs.
When I put this on, it is a very clammy mask and is very jelly-welly (this is what I imagine a jelly fish would feel like. This mask felt really cooling on my face while I was wearing it ~ nice on a hot muggy night. The instructions say to leave on for 30 minutes, but I left mine on for 90 minutes. No, you didn’t read that wrong – 1 1/2 hours. And the mask was still not dried out around my lower half of my face ~ the upper half and nose had absorbed nicely into my skin, but the lower half was still working. I had to remove it as I had to go to bed! My face was very hydrated, no sticky residue or tacky feeling after I removed the mask, nor did my face feel greasy. I didn’t put on any night time skin care products because I was so impressed with the hydration and wanted to see how my skin looked in the morning. My face this morning was still hydrated and smooth, and I didn’t experience any overnight whiteheads ~ usually with a “deep hydrating” product, I find that I usually get a few little whiteheads, but not with this mask! I do like this mask a lot and it certainly is a special spa mask.
Beautibi carries this mask right now at their shop for $9.00 each ~ they also have an Intensive Whitening Bio Cellulose Mask and Pro-Repair Bio Cellulose Mask
Description: Its unique fiber structure has been developed to fit perfectly to the human face, transferring premium skin care ingredients that hydrate and nourish skin to a more youthful, refreshed appearance. The quality of this superior fiber structure-synthesized from acetobacter xylinum bacteria-is premium grade, comparable to the cellulose fiber commonly used for wound care and medical applications. It absorbs and retains an exceptional volume of age-defying ingredients, more than any other cosmetic facial mask on the market.
The remains of the day…
Ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycyrrhiza glabra root extract, cucumis sativus fruit extract, hydroxyethyl urea, laminaria ochroleuca extract, polyglutamic acid, chamomilla recutita flower extract, lecithin, sodium PCA, sorbitol, hydrolyzed yeast protein, laminaria digitata extract, citric acid, sodium hyaluronate cosDNA.com analysis
UV Clear SPF 50+++ Sunscreen Yeah! A sunscreen ~ it is so important to wear sunscreen, no matter what age you are. You might think the sun isn’t damaging your skin if you are young, but give it another 10 to 15 years ~ that damage will appear on your face. This is a physical-chemical full spectrum sunscreen, which provides protection from UVA and UVB radiation. The box is confusing as it has a list of some acronyms that I think are ingredients: OMC, TiO2, B3, Uvinul A Plus.
Ingredients of Note
- Octylmethoxy Cinnamate (8.63%) also known as OMC, is a sun-blocking agent that will absorb UVB rays and also can reduce the appearance of scars. OMC is the most widely used UVB sunscreen ingredient in skincare.
- Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) is a highly effective UV~ both UVB and UVA ~ light absorbing and light reflecting ingredient and is very stable, low irritation and low allergen. TiO2 feels lighter on the skin, not heavy or greasy. This contributes to the white shade, but this sunscreen does not leave a white cast.
- Uvinul A Plus (3.91%), also known as diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, is used in sunscreen products and it is an oil soluble UVA ingredient
- Olea Europaea (olive) Oil is known for its moisturizing and long lasting hydrating properties and is considered an occlusive moisturizing ingredient.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
Just a quick recap on SPF (sun protection factor) , UVB and UVA. SPF ranks based on protection from UVB :: ultraviolet B (shortwave) rays. The PA rating is the amount of protection the sunscreen offers from UVA :: ultraviolet A (long-wave) rays. PA ranks with + signs and the higher the + signs, the more protection you will get from UVA rays.
UVB is what causes sunburns and reddened skin and has direct links to cancer. UVA is what causes us to tan, and age ~ wrinkles and deep lines are caused by UVA exposure. A really fantastic article about ultraviolet rays and how they affect our skin can be found here at the Skin Cancer website and I highly recommend reading it. One thing I have learned is that a broad spectrum sunscreen is the proper choice as it will help deflect the UV rays and not allow them to penetrate into your skin layers.
This comes in a tube with a pointed applicator ~ you shake the tube first and you can hear the “balls” inside mixing the product. Squeeze out to reveal very thin, watery white liquid that has a light generic “suntan” lotion scent. I actually like the scent of suntan lotion, so I find it pleasant. After massaging it into my skin, it doesn’t leave a white cast at all (yeah!) and after an initial “dewy” look, it does dry down nicely and doesn’t add more shine to my face.
I found this sunscreen to be very lightweight, lightly nicely scented and it works well for my oily skin. It does provide a good amount of SPF production and adequate UVB protection with the triple star PA rating. This 50 mL tube retails for $18.00
Description: Defense UVA and UVB effectively block ultraviolet rays to prevent sunburn and aging phenomena caused by sunlight. Extremely refreshing lotion innovative formulation containing a high concentration of OMC and Germany Uvinul A Plus other active sunscreen ingredients, strengthen UV protection force. Adding Vitamin B3 and organic elderflower (sambucus nigra), olive leaves, algae (laminaria ochroleuca) and plant sterols ingredients to maintain the proper moisture and repair, against skin aging. Light permeable non-greasy feel, easy on the makeup clogging pores and transparent natural bright color
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octylmethoxy Cinnamate (8.63%), Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate (3.91%) Inactive Ingredients: water/cycolpentasiloxane/isohexadecane/dimethicone/titanium dioxide/dimethicone, macadamia integrifolia seed oil, dimethicone crosspolymer/glycerin/glycerin, water, sambucus nigra flower extract/cetyl PEG(PPG-10)/niacinamide/caprylic capric triglyceride, laminaria ochroleuca extract/olea europaea (olive) leaf extract/magnesium sulfate/water, glycerin, trehalose, urea, serine, pentylene glycol, glyceryl polyacrylate, algin, caprylyl glycol, sodium hyaluronate, pullulan, disodium phosphate, potassium phosphate/laminaria saccharina extract/phytosteryl (octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate)/sorbitan oleate/fragrance/phenoxyethanol/iodopropynyl butylcarbamate/caprylyl glycol, ethyhexylglycerin cosDNA.com analysis
B5 Hydraboost Gelly Masque I do like Gelly/Jelly Wash-off Masque/Masks ~ one of my all time favorites is Annie’s Way Aloe Anti-Acne Jelly Mask ~ Beautibi introduced me to that line! Now, I know that some people find jelly masks to be useless, but as an oily skinned person, I do find them to be invaluable for several reasons
- If my skin is heated up, either thru a sunburn or a fever, jelly masks are an immediate cool down. They are very refreshing and immediately hydrate my skin.
- Reddened and sore skin due to blemishes or rashes? Slap on a jelly mask ~ I found that many will temporarily reduce redness and swelling of acne and provide immediate relief
- Dry flakes and patches on my face ~ yep, even oily skinned folks get dry patches and I usually get them around my nose area ~ which is a T-Zone hot spot for blemishes! I cannot add a moisturizer to these flakes, because I probably will break out, but a jelly mask provides instant hydration and moisture. Also, I use a spatula to remove the jelly mask and that helps gently remove the dead skin cells and flaky patches. By this time, the jelly has softened those dead skin cells, making it easier to remove them, without excess force and irritation
This jelly mask has Vitamin B5, which will help strengthen your skin barrier, giving you skin long lasting hydration. It also contains snail secretion filtrate to help repair and soothe your skin. It is a clear jelly and I love this deluxe size version ~ I wish all brands would sell a nice size like this so we can figure out if we want to commit to a huge tub of product.
As it is, I didn’t like this mask that much. It isn’t that it wasn’t hydrating and it didn’t do its job with soothing my skin while moisturizing. It was the scent. I was surprised to smell a heavy floral scent from this jelly mask as the previous two products that I used from Loveisderma had little or no scent. I don’t mind scents, but florals are the worst for me ~ it has to be a specific type of floral and this one was annoying to me. I did find a work around, as I hate to waste product ~ and you can do this with any jelly mask too.
I add a thin layer of the jelly mask on my face (already cleansed) and then put a facial sheet mask over it. I usually use a nice fruity scented mask to help hide the floral odor of this jelly mask ~ and it allows me to use this product and reap the benefits of its hydrating properties. I then use the facial sheet mask to wipe the remains of the jelly mask off my face when I am done. Give it a try and let me know what you think! This is a deluxe size of 70 g and that is about $5.00 retail value.
Description: Unique innovative and efficient refreshing gel formula, rich in a variety of high permeability and moisturizing ingredients Vitamin B5, for the skin’s elasticity and long-lasting moisturizing power! Unique water lock factor-fructose corn syrup and Vitamin-B5, strengthen the skin barrier, improve long-lasting moisturizing ability; trehalose and coralline algae extract to improve skin moisture, make skin supple and young. Snail mucus essence of mucopolysaccharides help repair rich conditioning repair, skin back to healthy sheen. Intensive penetration skin repair, improve dry skin condition; immediately after sun moisturizing while soothing skin irritation.
Ingredients: water, glycereth-26, panthenol, corallina officinalis extract, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, snail secretion filtrate, saccharide isomerate, carbomer, yeast extract, mannitol, ammonium glycyrrhizate, caffeine, zinc gluconate, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) seed extract, propylene glycol, glycerin, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, polysorbate 20, fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
I really LOVED the Loveisderma bio cellulose sheet mask ~ I have never had a mask that I kept on for 90 minutes before ~ and seriously, I probably could have left it on for another 30 minutes!! The sunscreen is really nice ~ lightweight, no greasy or white cast and has a high SPF/PA rating. Beautibi currently sells Loveisderma masks at their website (link here) and I cannot wait to see what other products will be stocked. What do you think of the Loveisderma brand? Have you had a chance to try any of their products?
If this is your first time purchase, you can use my referral link first and receive a code for $5.00 (referral link http://beautibi.refr.cc/SKS3MDM)
[ Disclaimer: Products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. ]
[ Contains referral links. Description in italics from beautibi]
5 thoughts on “Loveisderma at Beautibi!”
thank you 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome ^_^
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nice job! I’m just finishing up my review as well! I’m interested to see since we have different skin types that we like the same products!:)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Can’t wait to read your review, Heather 🙂