My readers know when I totally adore and love a product! I guess it shows in my writing or something. I am not one to gush over products that much ~ usually, I will say, yes, it worked well or it did this or that. I would say that 70% of my reviews fall in this category. That said, you will see me go ga-ga over fermented products, such as soy and rice (Innisfree, PrimaryRaw). Cray-cray over sprouts ~ Primera. You will see me go nutty over certain facial sheet masks (Annie’s Way, Sister Diary, My Scheming). Hanbang ~ even before I knew it was called Hanbang, I swoon over herbal products. This is one of those gushing reviews.
AmorePacific is a HUGE player in KBeauty ~ they are the “mother” to a few brands that I adore, such as Innisfree, illi and Primera ~ and have many more, such as Etude House, Happy Bath, Sulwahsoo, IOPE, Laneige and Aritaum, just to name a few. AmorePacific was the first KBeauty brand I purchased without realizing it was KBeauty ~ back in the dark ages before it even dawned on me that there was a thing called KBeauty ~ and it turned into a repeat purchase. Not to mention the beginning of my journey into KBeauty. Now, I had tried other KBeauty makeup items before ~ again, not really purchasing it for KBeautyness, but this was the first skincare item that really resonated with me and became one of my favorite items of all time.
AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Botanical Exfoliator
I first received this beauty of all gems with a Sephora purchase ~ a little mini. I didn’t use it for a few months and then I decided to give it a try. After the first use, I immediately went online and purchased the full size version. Yes, immediate results, thank you very much.
This was the first time I had ever used a product that called itself an exfoliator that didn’t have scrubbing bits that I could feel and see. When I first shook this product into my hand, I saw a very finely milled powder. Okay, how was this going to exfoliate my face, I thought? It is just fine powder. I then added some water, and saw that it produced a gentle light bubbly foam. I started to massage this into my face… and then to my neck. If I could, I would have applied it to my whole body!
I felt the immediate change in my skin as I was using this on my face ~ the foam is silky smooth, it does have a slight scent, but it isn’t unpleasant ~ it is hard to describe ~ creamy, light fresh scent. Wherever I applied it, my skin was also turning smooth. After massaging in for about one minute ~ sometimes I go longer, it is that gentle ~ rinse off and be wow’d by the texture of your skin.
My skin’s texture is silky smooth, feels almost flawless and so soft, and since this is non-abrasive, there shouldn’t be any worries about micro-tears (*cough*apricot pits*cough). Clogged pores are unclogged. My skin is not dry or stripped, but feels refreshed. My skin looks brighter, less oily, almost mattified. My skincare products absorb faster when I use this product. I could BATHE in this product if it weren’t so damn expensive.
What is up with all the pH Strips?
I read that this had a pH level of 7, but I wanted to make sure I did my own pH testing. As you can see, I was getting 5.5 to 6. I did tested this THREE times and came up with 5.5 to 6 pH level for this cleanser. I was a bit anal about it but I wanted to make sure I got the same consistent result each time. I used my wonderful tap water with the cleanser.
What are these ingredients?
- Lactose (milk protein) is the milk sugar produced from whey and it helps hydrate and lock in moisture in your skin.
- Mannitol is a humectant, which means it can attract moisture. This sugar alcohol can come from trees, marine algae or mushrooms.
- Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate is the combination of amino acid (glutamic), fatty acid (lauric) and sodium. This is a gentle cleanser that is produced from coconut oil
- Zeolite comes from volcanic minerals and it is a detox ingredient, helping to absorb and cleanse, while unclogging pores, prevent blemishes, and also is an anti-oxidant.
- Silica ~ by stimulating certain cells, silica helps strengthen your collagen and elastin, which in turn will help firm and tone your skin and plump up your skin, so fine lines and wrinkles are not as noticeable.
- Betaine is an amino acid that is a humectant and anti-irritant and is known for its hydration properties without any stickiness. It can temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles, smoothing out your skin and its texture is silky smooth to the touch. It helps calm your skin to provide relief.
- Papain ~ This anti-inflammatory and anti-bacteria enzyme is derived from papaya. It will exfoliate your skin without irritation by gently loosening dead skin cells and removing them from your skin.
- Allantoin is an anti-irritant and will help soothe and calm your skin
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) is an anti-oxidant that helps combat free radicals, helping to reverse damage to your skin ~ hyper-pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles
- Ginger Root is an anti-septic and anti-inflammatory, which can speed up would healing and collagen production.
- Zizyphus Jujuba (Chinese/Korean Date) are full of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and flavonols, which aid in wound healing and reduce dry skin.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice) is a skin brightener and an anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant with soothing properties
Not for those who are allergic or have sensitivities to milk protein, papaya, ginger. This does not contain sulfates or petro-chemicals.
Running this through cosDNA, it is amazing. One acne trigger, Butylene Glycol and that is very low at 1, and the only possible irritant is the papain enzyme, which is marked 0-3 ~ again, this is still pretty low for cosDNA standards.
Ingredients: Lactose, Mannitol, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Zeolite, Water, Silica, Allantoin, Betaine, Papain, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Zizyphus Jujuba (Chinese/Korean Date) Fruit Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-75, Green 3 (CI 42053), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
I posted this photo on IG back in September, as sort of a “flashback” product that I never reviewed ~ haha. Look at the upper left hand corner. Looks pretty scary, doesn’t it? Must be all of my dead skin cells coming back to haunt me in this photo.
Not really much else to say, is there? I love this product. My BAE. I had the sample initially and that lasted 4 months for me as I use this twice a week. I sometimes neglect to use this over a month and when I come back to it, oh my face is so smooth again…like a baby’s butt!! ahaha This is not a cheap product, but it LASTS forever ~ you only need a dime sized amount and if you use it 1 to 2 times a week, this should last you a good 9 months. If you use it more often, it will last about 4 to 6 months, depending on how often you exfoliate. You can use this daily ~ I know some people who do. I actually had two of these samples, one that I used and one I gave away to a friend. She is a minimalist with her skincare and makeup and when I gave that to her, she thanked me. A week later, she came to me, with the same rave-y raves about this product, similar to what I just blathered on about in this review and even sprung for the 60 bucks at Sephora ~ but she, like me, think it is well worth the price. She blames me for this. But in a good way 🙂
Why do I mention this now? Sephora + Black Friday Sales = Deals. If there are promos, coupons, what have you, I highly recommend, barring any allergies or sensitivities you might have with the ingredients, that you put this tall tube-y Goddess in your cart and purchase at that time. Many holidays are around the corner, put this on your gift list and leave this note where your sweetie, family and/or really GOOD friends can see it. If you cannot afford the $60.00, check to see if your local Sephora carries it in-store. If so, get thee down there and ask them to make a sample for you ~ they are really good like that and I do that all the time with really expensive skincare products.
Now, it might be that no one in your realm can afford this for you and your Sephora doesn’t carry in-store or you aren’t near a Sephora…. Well, I will be reviewing the Tosowoong Enzyme Powder Wash, which looks to be a nice, much more inexpensive enzyme cleanser. I hope to have that review live for you in a couple of weeks.
Where to Purchase
Sephora is the place I go to and they do ship internationally now. They have this as a standalone purchase but it is also in a couple of nice sets too
- AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel Full Size 2.5 oz RV $60.00
- The Asian Beauty Secret Collection This has the full size 2.5 oz peel, plus Treatment Cleansing Oil (1 oz), Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System (2.7 oz), Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence (0.1 oz), Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel (0.27 oz), Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Sunscreen in shades 104 and 106 (2 x 0.1 oz) for $95.00
- Moisture Bound Oil-Free Essentials Set Contains – 0.5 oz Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel (0.5 oz), Treatment Enzyme Peel (0.2 oz), Treatment Toner Alcohol-Free Freshener (1 oz), Treatment Cleansing Foam (1 oz) for $50.00
Do you own or have you tried AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel? What do you think of it? Do you love it as much as I do?
[ blog post contains affiliate links. This product was purchased by me!! ]