My April Herbal Bliss Co Box is here! This is a sub that I really love and look forward to getting every month. Herbal Bliss is a unique eco-friendly subscription service, as their whole theme is around providing herbal products ~ samples, full sized ~ from artisan crafted companies around the USA. Their monthly lifestyle box will contain 5 items that could be culinary, health, beauty, aromatherapy and more.
What is Herbal Bliss Co?
Herbal Bliss enjoys reaching out to the diverse herbal suppliers throughout the USA to bring you five unique samples each month. Our sample categories are Aromatherapy, Blissful Body, Culinary, Well Being and a Spotlight product. Each of our suppliers thoughtfully grows, harvest, and packages to bring you delightful experiences into your home. Herbal Bliss is thrilled to introduce you to a multi-faceted experience each month.
- Passionate About Small Batches ~ Our suppliers are often growing their herbs, creating their recipes, and building their shop fronts on their family farm. You are receiving special, handcrafted gifts from nature without bias to one supplier over another.
- Discover Herbs ~ Herbal products are one of the fastest growing consumer products. Why is that? People are wary of chemical, laboratory products that have who knows what effect on our body systems. We want to put natural products in our bodies and on our skin & hair. We want to read a label and not only be able to pronounce the ingredients, but know what they are
- Education ~ Herbs can be intimidating. Herb shops are usually very helpful, but sometimes you may be afraid to ask questions because other customers seem so well informed. Most people know that you should not ingest herbs for ailments without speaking to your doctor first, but there are many other questions about the use of herbs. Herbs are from the earth and have uses beyond what you think of everyday and we are here to help introduce those uses and the makers of these gifts. We bring education for each category. (source)
Herbal Bliss offers (per box) a month-to-month sub at $25.00, 3 month sub at $22.00, 6 month sub at $20.00 and a yearly sub at $18.00 per box.
All Terrain All-Natural Insect Repellent Herbal Armor Skin & Fabric Spray Woot! What a mouthful. At any rate, this is the time for bugs ~ I saw my first bug flying around my home today as I had the windows open, so bug spray it is. And this bug spray SMELLS divine! The scent is everything I love ~ peppermint, cedar, lemongrass, citronella ~ all fresh, woodsy and herbal at the same time. It is invigorating and pleasant ~ unlike other bug sprays. It is DEET-free and made with all natural ingredients, sweat and water resistant and non-greasy. Another bonus is that you can spray this on fabrics as well ~ so your clothes won’t fade or get damaged. This smells so fantastic that I probably will just spray it as a perfume ~ I kid you not, it smells that good. It sprays a white, slightly creamy liquid, but after you massage it into your skin, the color disappears and your skin actually is nice and moisturized ~ which is due to the soybean oil in this product. Travel Size 2 oz RV $5.39
Description: All Terrain Herbal Armor is a highly-effective, safe, natural, DEET-Free insect repellent that uses six natural-repelling oils at 25-Percent total concentration. A patented time-released encapsulation has been clinically proven to be 100-Percent effective for two hours and 95.8-Percent for three hours. Herbal Armor is non-irritating, allergy tested, and safe for sensitive skin. Made for active outdoor enthusiasts, Herbal Armor is sweat and water-resistant for active lifestyles. Won’t damage clothing or equipment. Meets strict standards for natural ingredients. Cedar and citronella oils repel ticks. Sweat and water resistant. Awarded “Best Gear” by National Geographic Adventure. Cruelty-free
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Oil of Soybean 11.5%, Oil of Citronella 10.0%, Oil of Peppermint 2.0%, Oil of Cedar 1.50%, Oil of Lemongrass 1.00%, Oil of Geranium 0.05%. Inactive Ingredients: (73.95%): Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Beeswax, Vegetable Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.
McFadden Farm Organic Grilling Herbs Blend From Potter Valley, CA, a herbal blend of spices to use on my grilled foods. I don’t grill, but I do marinade and this will be fantastic on chicken, beef, roasted veggies. Certified organic herbs ~ garlic, onion, black pepper, rosemary, basil, oregano, chili ~ make up this mix and it sounds very zesty. I didn’t open the jar yet, as I have other herbal spices to use first, but you can see the chunks of garlic and chili in this product in the photo below. Full Size 1.25 oz RV $5.00
The following recipes are from McFadden Farm Recipes (click here to find more great recipes!)
Fleegal Farms Herbal Mist ~ Happiness Ohh, this is a house and linen spray and is a wonderful lavender and herbal ~ lemongrass and rosemary ~ scent. This smells fantastic and Fleegal Warms, from Austin, Texas, also has other mists, such as mint and autumn bliss, which both sound great to me! They also have lip balms, soaps, face creams and much more ~ Fleegal Farms products are handmade, vegan, eco-friendly, natural and free from parabens, sulfates and palm oil. They are made with botanical, plant sourced oils and scented with essential oils and colored with natural colorants. Full Size 2 oz RV $8.00
Description: This blend uses aromatherapy properties of essential oils to calm, stabilize, uplift and relax. Use before a bath, on linens, or just to be happy!
Ingredients: filtered rain waer, witch hazel and essential oils of lavender (lavandula angustifolia), lemon grass (cymbopogon flexuosus) and rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis)
Country Comfort Herbal Savvy Salve Golden Seal-Myrrh These healing salves are really fantastic and this one is based on an early 16th century herbal formula ~ cool! This is a pure, natural product that contains no preservatives. This is creamy translucent yellow salve, that faintly smells like cocoa butter to me, but it doesn’t contain cocoa butter.
- Golden Seal has been used in medicines for thousands of years ~ Early American medical writings reference Cherokee and Iroquois using golden seal to help treat canker sores, stomach issues and even cancer. Using it in topical products, its anti-bacterial properties help with skin issues and infections
- Myrrh’s historical value and importance was well known in ancient times ~ in fact, it is mentioned over 150 times in the Bible alone! It was used around the globe ~ it is part of traditional Chinese medicine and ancient Egyptians used it as an anti-aging product, among other uses. It is not only a powerful antioxidant, helping skin renewal, but it has anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that help clean and treat wounds and prevent infections. It soothes chapped or cracked skin, is an anti-inflammatory and it is a moisturizing ingredient.
This product is slightly oily but that is normal as it is an ointment. Full Size 2 oz RV $9.29
Description: Golden Seal-Myrrh Herbal Savvy – The medicinal properties of Golden Seal and Myrrh gum powder combine to make a most effective disinfecting, anti-inflammatory ointment for a myriad of uses; notably psoriasis, eczema, shingles, hemorrhoids, burns, infections, cuts, wounds, scrapes, sores and dry skin. Packaged in a two ounce air tight resealable jar.
Ingredients: Safflower oil, sweet almond oil, beeswax, golden seal root, myrrh gum, Vitamins E, A & D
Hummingbird Farms No 145 Lavender Body Lotion This is a handy travel size tube of a lavender infused, aloe-based (not water!) body lotion. Hummingbird Farms is located in the Texas Hill Country out in Johnson City. This body lotion is full of moisturizing oils ~ sunflower, olive, jojoba ~ along with squalane, Vitamins A, B5, B12, E
- Hyaluronic Acid is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
- Lavender has amazing wound healing proprieties due to its antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory compounds. It is also is a soothing and invigorating ingredient as well.
- Allantoin moisturizes, exfoliates and softens skin, making it look smooth and refined, while reducing and relieving irritaion.
- Panthenol helps cellular renewal and is an effective moisturizer. It is derived from plants and this ingredient comes from Vitamin B5. Panthenol is a natural humectant, which retains moisture and hydrates the skin. It also is a good lubricant on the skin, making skin look soft and smooth. It is also an anti-inflammatory
- Aloe Vera is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more.
- Green Tea is full of powerful anti-oxidants, due to its high concentration of polyphenols, green tea helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Azulene is derived from chamomile and has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to relieve skin issues and irritations because it soothes and lessens swelling and redness, while healing skin and stimulating cellular renewal.
I am not opening this up just yet, as I have several body lotions already opened, but I do love lavender scented products ~ it is so relaxing and calming. Travel Size 3 oz RV $16.00 (!!)
Description: Scented with Essential Oil of Lavender to relieve stress and lift your spirit, our Aloe based Body Lotion allows a wonderful elixir for tired dry skin. Anti-oxidant rich Vitamin B-12, Olive Oil, and Green Tea provides essential moisture and nourishment. Enjoy the healing properties of Aloe and Lavender by smoothing nutrient rich Lavender Lotion all over your body for an Aromatherapy Experience.
Ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, sorbitol, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, olea europaea (olive) oil, hyaluronic acid, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, symphyturn officinale (comfrey) extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, squalane, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), ascorbic acid, cholecalciferol, allantoin, panthenol (B5), xanthan gum, dimethicone, bees wax, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, citric acid, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, azulene cosDNA.com analysis
So excited with this month’s box ~ I love the insect repellent as it smells like I should be in the middle of a herbal meadow and the home/linen spray is really uplifting and incorporates some of my favorite scents. Herbal spices are always a nice thing to have on hand and it forces me to be more creative with my recipes!! I love healing salves ~ for minor cuts and skin issues, these are fantastic and I read that if you use your antibiotic creams too much, your skin gets used to them (it is called bacterial antibiotic resistance) and also can cause a toxic reaction. Using a natural healing ointment for minor skin irritation prevents that and I can save the antibiotic creams for when I really need them. And body lotions, even though I have a lot of them, are always welcomed, because I do use them ~ the skin on my hands and body is so dry that they get used up pretty quickly. I am not sure, however, that I want to spend 16.00 for a 3 oz tube!! I love that there are a couple of lavender scented products in this month’s box, as that has to be one of my favorite floral scents. I paid $17.00 for my box, as I am on a 6 month subscription with one of their promo codes and received almost a $44.00 value ~ this is a high value for an eco-friendly, organic, herbal based subscription box ~ I don’t believe there are any other subs out there that focus on herbal ingredients like this one does.
Do you subscribe to Herbal Bliss? Are you interested in this subscription and what products do you want to try out?
[ descriptions in italics from linked websites. blog post contains affiliate links ]