Disclaimer: Products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. Contains referral links
I am a member with Tomoson network, which gives bloggers the chance to find opportunities to review products that they are interested in. I have used Valentia’s products in the past, and I am happy to have been accepted in this campaign for their facial scrub. I also will be reviewing their Detoxifying Clay Mask, so look for that review in the upcoming weeks. This product was supplied to me free of charge in exchange for an honest review.
Valentia’s External Youth Exfoliating Scrub is full of natural ingredients that will provide hydration to your skin while removing dead skin cells and excess oil. It is made in the USA, cruelty free, paraben free vegan, and made with 98% natural ingredients, of which many are organic.
This contains natural butters and oils to help moisturize, hydrate and repair your skin
- Olive butters are full of Vitamin E and helps your skin feel supple while reducing and calming any irritation and inflammation. It is a fantastic moisturizer that is packed with antioxidants, so it provides protection from free radicals.
- Avocados are full of antioxidant carotenoids, such as alpha and beta caroten ~ and these antioxidants combat free radical and environmental damage and protect your skin from premature aging. It is also full of Vitamin C, which helps stimulate the production of collagen, which leads to firmer skin and Vitamin E, another powerful antioxidant, combating not only free radical damage, but protecting and reducing the effects of UVA and UVB sun exposure radiation. It also has an omega-9 fat, high oleic acid, which helps create a moisture barrier, making skin soft and moisturized, while regenerating damaged skin cells and reducing facial irritation and redness.
- Kukui is from Hawaii and is known for its antioxidant properties that will help combat free radicals and prevent further damage to your skin, while helping to repair damage to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation
It also contains Aloe Vera ~which is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more.
- Coffee extracts are actually powerful antioxidants and will help combat UV damage (photoaging) to help strengthen your skin, providing elasticity and resilience results ~ it helps improve the production of collagen and elastin.
- Camellia Sinensis is full of powerful anti-oxidants, due to its high concentration of polyphenols, green tea helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is also an anti-inflammatory and helps reduce redness and swelling.
- Pumice in this product is very finely ground ~ pumice is a volcanic ash and whereas it is abrasive, it is very soft and it is the softest abrasive ingredient that is used in skincare. It is used as a mild and gentle exfoliator and is being used more frequently in skincare products since the ban of microbeads (since 2015)
- Jojoba Beads are the stable hydrogenated wax of Jojoba oils and their main job is to help gently cleanse and exfoliate your skin. They do not damage your skin so there is less chance for bacterial infections. It also is highly moisturizing as it exfoliates.
- (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid is actually arginine, an amino acid, which will promote healing and detox your skin. It also helps guard against the formation of wrinkles and loss of skin firmness.
Ingredients: Proprietary Organic Skin Tea, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (aloe vera) Leaf Juice, Pumice, Jojoba Beads, Natural Green Tea Fragrance, Carbomer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid (arginine), Olea Europaea (olive butter), Persea Gratissima (avocado butter), Aleurites Molaccana (kukui nut oil), Coffee Extract, Organic Camellia Sinensis (green/white tea), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol cosDNA.com analyis
The texture of this scrub is really fun and cool ~ it is a jiggly bouncy gel. It really does remind me of soft Jell-O. You can also see the jojoba beads (white specks) and the pumice powder (the black specks) in the scrub.
It does have a strange scent to it ~ I known that Valentia added a natural green tea scent to this scrub, but it doesn’t smell like green tea. It is a strange herbal scent ~ not unpleasant, but it is a sharp and bitter herbal scent, so that can be off putting for some. I personally like it, but I did have to get used to it!
Description: More than your average scrub, our Eternal Youth Exfoliating Scrub sloughs off dead skin, provides hydration, and rejuvenates your face. Antioxidant rich green and white teas fight wrinkles, dullness, and unevenness, while Jojoba beads gently scrub away dead skin without damaging healthy skin cells. Our nourishing trio tropical butters rehydrate skin, helping to repair signs of aging that will leave skin looking luminescent all day long.
When I first used it, I put way too much on my skin ~ see photo below ~ plus I also left it on my skin longer than I should, as I was taking photos. I learned something from that ~ don’t slather this product on and don’t leave it on your face for more than a couple of minutes!! In other words, follow the instructions 🙂 My face was tingling and was so red after the first time I used this. The redness did go away, but wow, I was scared to try again.
But try again, I did. I used just a dollop of the scrub a few days later and then gently massaged for about a minute and rinsed off. No burning, no redness, just clean skin that didn’t feel stripped dry ~ instead my face felt moisturized. My pores were unclogged and it didn’t irritate my skin at all. I was worried about that due to the pumice powder as I think this is the first time I am using pumice on my face. I didn’t have any greasy residue on my face either ~ I was concerned about that due to the copious amounts of butters and oils in this product, but it worked out well ~ exfoliating, gentle and moisturizing. As it is an exfoliator, I only will use this once or twice a week as I have oily skin. If you have normal skin, maybe once a week and dry skin would probably be 2 – 3 times a month. If you have older skin, like I do, this is a really nice gentle exfoliating and moisturizing scrub (but you do have to get over the scent!)
Have you tried Valentia Exfoliate Youth Scrub? Are you interested in giving this a try? Let me know in the comments below! You can purchase this scrub at Amazon (link here) or Valentia online shop (link here) for $25.00 (4 oz tub)
If you purchase at Amazon, you can also use these coupon codes to save more!
- Receive a free Organic Rosehip Seed Oil with the purchase of any Valentia Product. Enter code GGLGP8RC at checkout.
- Buy any 5 Valentia products and save 20% off your purchase: Use code MVPQV7VP at checkout.
- Buy any 4 Valentia products and save 18% off your purchase: Use code WYU6LDX7 at checkout.
- Buy any 3 Valentia products and save 15% off your purchase: Use code J42Q2RDG at checkout.
- Buy any 2 Valentia products and save 10% off your purchase: Use code U6KZNBQZ at checkout.
[ Disclaimer: Products were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. ]
[ Contains referral links. Description in italics from Valentia Beauty ]