disclaimer: items were provided for review purposes. all opinions are my own& are honest & unbiased. contains affiliate & referral links
Skin18 is an Asian Beauty shop that not only carries Korean name brands, but also more inexpensive brands, many of which are offered as free products to their customers, even if you aren’t purchasing anything. You just pay shipping and handling. Skin18 also works with Beauty Bloggers and I received another Bloggers Package from them consisting of 6 masks from their lesser known and inexpensive brands. I am going to split this up into 3 reviews: Luke masks, Wash Off Masks and Repairing & Soothing Sheet Masks (review here). This blog post is the “Wash Off Masks” review.
I originally reviewed all of these items at my IG account.
PureDerm Grape Yogurt Pack I actually have used these little yogurt packs before ~ I have tried strawberry and kiwi ~ and I like to use them not only as a moisturizing, creamy wash off pack, but as a massage pack too. This is a very creamy, white pack that smells like grape sweet-tarts ~ it is very candy-like smelling.
It has some very moisturizing, anti-aging ingredients
- Trehalose supplies concentrated moisture to your skin and helps retain moisture, preventing your skin from drying out
- Milk hydrates and replenishes the skin with moisture, keeping it nourished and radiant. Milk protein extracts help shrink pores, soothes skin irritations, helps lighten skin discolorations from acne, exfoliates dead skin cells, helps speed up the healing of wounds and smooths your skin. has anti-inflammatory effects to soothe irritated, reddened and troubled skin, while strengthening the skin barrier and promoting collagen, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It contains lactic acid (AHA) will helps exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, excess oil and other debris, while unclogging pores.
- Natto Gum is polyglutamic acid and it is very moisturizing and contains enzymes, oligosaccharides and vitamins that help keep moisture and skin elasticity more than collagen and hyaluronic acid. It also exfoliate old skin cells. Natto gum can penetrate to the deepest layers in your skin, locks in moisture and helps increase the production of NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor)
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) have high levels of active enzymes that will brighten, repair and hydrate your skin.
- Squalane penetrates and absorbs rapidly into your skin and has anti-oxidant properties, helping prevent UV damage and hyper-pigmentation age spots, helps cellular growth and is an anti-bacterial. This is an excellent moisturizing ingredient.
This is supposed to be a brightening and moisturizing wash off pack… I applied this all over my face and then massaged it in. I left it on for 10 minutes and then rinsed off. Because I have oily skin and this yogurt pack is really very rich for my skin type, I rinse off WELL. VERY WELL. Otherwise, there is a film on my face that is not very pleasing. This mask pack leaves my face very soft and moisturized – it is best to use this at night time, as it can work overnight, even after you rinse it off. This is not my favorite PureDerm yogurt mask pack, as I do think it is more suited for drier skin and for oily skin, I recommend the tomato yogurt, strawberry yogurt or aloe (this is not a yogurt pack). Have you tried any of the PureDerm Wash Off Packs? I think that PureDerm is an underrated K-Beauty brand ~ it is like a drugstore brand, but so much better than western drugstore brands Full Size 10 mL RV 95 cents
If you are interested in using this as a massage pack, there is a little tutorial that The Face Shop put out for a 1 minute quick massage. I never have time for 10 minutes to do a face massage, but I can spare a minute. It really shows you how to do a quick and easy facial massage and the benefits, of which sinus relief and migraines seem to be of major interest to me personally. Just be careful of not overdoing (over-stimulating, harshly) a facial massage, as that can cause provoke an acne breakout or to massage over blemished (open) acne skin. Also, cleanse your skin well after using a massage cream and richer than normal creams.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trehalose, Milk, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-100 Stearate, Yogurt Powder, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Jojoba Esters, Natto Gum, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Hydroxethylcellulose, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance cosDNA analysis
InoFace Modeling Cup Pack in Acerola In Yo Face!! That is how I always say this brands’ name in my inner head 🙂 Modeling cups are not exactly a wash off pack ~ they are “rubber” or peel off masks, but since I always have residue from the pack, I do have to wash my face to rinse off all of the product. Currently on sale for $3.24, there are 10 different modeling cups for every skin need and type:
- Acerola : For brightening and shining skin with moisturization function, suitable for skin losing brightness, dull skin, lifeless skin
- Blackfood : For rough skin and the soothing of skin, suitable for rough, flaky and oily Skin (Pore Care & remove dead skin cell)
- Chlorella : For skin improvement, oil-moisture balance and skin moisturization; suitable for allergic, sensitive, inelastic and dull skin
- Collagen : For elastic and brightening skin, suitable for saggy and droopy skin, dry skin
- Peppermint : For soothing and refreshing of skin (Pore Management), suitable for saggy skin and oily skin
- Propolis : For supply of nutrients and improvement of luster, suitable for rough and lusterless skin, dry skin
- Shining : For tightening of pores and brightening of facial complexion, suitable for dark, oily, dull and lackluster skin
- Tea Tree : For skin troubles and control of sebum, suitable for problematic skin, sensitive skin
- Vitamin : For elastic and brightening skin, suitable for inelastic and dull skin
- Yogurt : For supply of nutrients and improvement of luster, suitable for skin that needs moisturization and luster
These modeling masks are often called rubber masks as it because rubbery in its texture as it dries. It contains diatomaceous earth which is a fine powder made from a type of fossilized phytoplankton, called diatoms. It is used as a exfoliator as it is very gentle and it contains a bunch of happy-face minerals such as silica, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, calcium and zinc. It also helps draw out impurities from your skin, including excess oils. It also has acerola cherry, which is a powerful antioxidant ingredient as well as having skin lightening properties. Modeling masks are supposed to help keep moisture in, soothe and brighten skin and bring balance back to your skin’s moisture level. You are supposed to apply your essences and ampoules before applying the mask, as the pack will form a layer between your skin and the product and helps the serums penetrate into your skin without losing any of its benefits. So, I did apply toner, essence and an ampoule for helping to brighten my skin and then mixed up the modeling pack.
Take the cap from the cup, turn it upside down and add water to it. Add to the cup and repeat again. Now mix up the water and powder together quickly with the spatula and then apply to your face. This is a pretty pink color and smells faintly of cherries. Word of Warning: Wear an old shirt or drape an old towel around your shoulders and neck area ~ this stuff drips like crazy and it is SO hard to remove from clothing. If you get some on your clothes, immediately soak it with water and remove the mixture before it dries. I am totally miserable below
As it dries, it turns white and it takes about 15 to 20 minutes for it to dry. And this is where I fail miserably with this product. It WON’T PEEL OFF. I grab a corner and pull off a tiny piece. This is going to take me hours to remove and my skin is going to be very irritated by the end of this process. I took a washcloth and soaked it in warm water, applied it to my face for a few minutes to soften the mask, and wiped. Repeat until the mask is removed completely, including my hair and eyebrows. This is too much work for me and because I removed all traces of all products, why did I bother? I saw no benefits to this and in fact, my face was irritated due to the washcloth and repeated wiping on my face. Two thumbs down for this modeling mask. I’ve always had issues removing these types of masks from my face, but I usually could just peel a large chunk off and then it was just a few pieces that I had to soften and remove. Inoface was the opposite ~ I couldn’t peel it off at all. I do not recommend using Inoface’s modeling mask packs. 15 g RV $3.24
Ingredients: Diatomaceous Earth, Allgin, Glucose, Calcium Sulface, Terasodium Pyrophosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrmiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Allantoin, CI 77491, Fragrance cosDNA analysis
Details on Ingredients
- Diatomaceous Earth (규조토) Exfoliate
- Algin (알진) Viscosity controlling
- Glucose (글루코오스) Humectant
- Calcium Sulfate (칼슘설페이트) Solidify
- Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (테트라소듐파이로포스페이트) Sourishment
- Magnesium Oxide (마그네슘옥사이드) Solidify
- Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract (아세로라추출물) Skin-Conditioning Agent
- Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract (레몬추출물) Skin-Conditioning Agent
- Sodium Hyaluronate (소듐하이알루로네이트) Skin-Conditioning Agent
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (감초추출물) Skin-Conditioning Agent
- Allantoin (알란토인) Skin-Conditioning Agent
- CI 77491 (적색산화철) Cosmetic Colorant
- Fragrance (향료) Fragrance
I really am not sure what went so wrong with the Inoface modeling mask pack ~ I’ve used modeling mask packs before, but this one is just awful. The Purederm Grape Yogurt Wash Off pack is probably better suited for dry skin types, so I have to take that in account with my review. It is just inappropriate for my oily skin ~ that said, I do like their tomato and strawberry yogurt wash off packs, which are better for my skin type. Purederm is the winner here and they make so many different varieties of this wash off pack that you can find one that suits your skin type and skin needs. You can see all of their types here and I do like how portable they are ~ just toss a few in your luggage the next time you go on a trip for a fast, quick facial.
Skin18 also has a rewards program, so by reviewing, liking and sharing, you earn points and those points turn into cash at their store!
- Freebies ~ Free facial masks for the taking! Just pay shipping/handling (click here)
- Huge Sales ~ Discounted category where you can save 30% to 100% off (!!) products (click here)
- One Dollar Store ~ Products for around $1.00 USD (click here)
- Save 25% off your first purchase at Skin18 by using my referral code (click here)
[ disclaimer: items were provided for review purposes. all opinions are my own& are honest & unbiased. contains affiliate & referral links ]
[ description in italics from Skin18 ]