I saw that Birchbox had a new Limited Edition box and when I saw the contents, I jumped on ordering it. This has to be one of their more exciting and value-packed boxes I have seen in a LONG time!
Whether we’re stocking our vanity or our pantry, we always want to be ingredient-conscious. But we know it’s not easy to find natural beauty products that deliver results and feel luxurious. That was the inspiration behind this stylish collection of ingredient-conscious wonders. Each of these innovative products is free of parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, and phthalates—and instead, packed with good-enough-to-eat ingredients like coconut oil, pomegranate enzymes, and vitamin E. Radiant results and thoughtful formulas? It’s a true win-win.
I also added a Mystery 2 pack and a free lip gloss trio too and I got my box on Saturday! Let’s dive in
I LOVE the box ~ it is in cool aquas and greens ~ so pretty.
Dogeared Lil’ Zip Pouch This is a really big and roomy makeup bag! Made in the USA of 100% natural cotton canvas, it measures 10.5 x 7 x 3 inches and has a cute logo in hot pink against a creamy off white bag. The back has their logo in black
I can stuff all of the products in this bag with room left over, btw, that is how big it is. RV $24.00
EXO Supply Co. Pure Remover in Lavender It is that time of year when I start paying attention to my nails ~ I’ve neglated my toes all winter long, which is normal, but also my fingers too. I need to put some shine and polish on them and I am looking forward to using this all eco-friendly nail polish remover. It doesn’t smell like acetone, but has a faint lavender scent. It is made with plant-based, organic ingredients with essential oils that will help condition and moisturize your nail bed and cuticles. I have found that eco-friendly nail polish removers don’t perform well with glitter nail polishes, but for creams and sheers, it is perfect! Non-hazardous, non-carcinogenic, non-flammable, non-toxic, acetone free and 100% biodegradable. Full Size 4 oz RV $15.95
Ingredients: Biodegradable Esters, USDA Certified Organic Essential Oil Blend
Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask This is the only sample size in the box. I think I have a Tata Harper product before, but since that one had rose in it, I skipped it. This product does not have rose in it and it is a resurfacing, exfoliating and refining mask. This has a lot of good ingredients in it
- Aloe Barbadensis is a powerful moisturizer that doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily or greasy. It soothes, treats inflammation, helps speed up skin healing and also has a plethora of antioxidants ~ beta-carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which help improve your skin’s firmness and keeps your skin moist and hydrated. It also contains over 75 different nutritious ingredients, including minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acid and much more.
- Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract is a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) which helps exfoliate skin by removing dead skin cells, contains salicylic acid, to help combat acne. It is also high in anti-oxidants, which tone and reduce inflammation as well as being an astringent, to control oil. Salicylic acid is fat soluble, so it can really get to the oil that is inside your pores.
- Lactobacillus Ferment ~ This ingredient in skin care products are highly moisturizing and also have antibacterial properties, which is why my blemish-prone skin luffs it so much
- Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate (radish root extract) it is a natural preservative. Leuconostoc is commonly used to make kimchi but in this case, this bacteria is added to radish roots, left to ferment, and then extract the antimicrobial peptide to create a preservative.
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch hazel) is an blemish prone skin’s best friend because it has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities which helps clear up acne and it removes excess oil from skin. It also helps shrinks blood vessels, which tightens our skin. Witch Hazel can speed up healing and is a powerful anti-inflammatory, which also helps soothe skin. Finally, Witch Hazel refreshes and rejuvenates skin, refines the pores and seal in moisture.
- Punica Granatum (pomegranate) Fruit Ferment extract is an enzymatic exfoliant and will help improve cellular renewal and turnover, revealing brighter skin over time
This mask has a jelly texture ~ it is so bouncy ~ and has an herbal-fruity scent to it. It states that it will reduce t excess oil, brighten and even out skin tone, while exfoliating dead skin cells ~ The ingredient list certainly shows that it has those products that will do this. You can use this all over or as a spot treatment on acne. I am looking forward to trying this out ~ I will post my review on IG! Sample Size 7.5 mL RV $14.50
How To Use: Apply a thick layer to a clean face. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with warm water. If you’re using as spot treatment, dab onto blemish before you go to bed and leave overnight.
Ingredients: Water, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Salix alba (Willow) bark extract, Sclerotium gum (derived from root vegetables & corn), Lactobacillus ferment, Leuconostoc ferment filtrate (radish root extract), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch hazel) distillate, Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit ferment extract, Caprylyl/capryl wheat bran/straw glycosides, Maltooligosyl glucoside (derived from carbohydrate syrup), Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, Hydrolyzed corn starch, Beta vulgaris (Beet) root, Hydrogenated starch hydrolysate (derived from corn starch), Fusel wheat bran/straw glycosides, Kaolinite (Rose Clay), Polyglyceryl-5 oleate (naturally derived), Sodium cocoyl glutamate (derived from coconuto), Glyceryl caprylate (derived from fatty acids of corn, coconut and glycerin), Sodium phytate (derived from rice bran), Essential oil blend clinical grade essential oils, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene *Ingredients from organic farming Fragrances from 100% natural clinical grade essential oils cosDNA.com analysis
W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara I do not have a lot of luck with natural mascaras, as they never give the dramatic look I am going for. However, This formula by W3LL People is supposed be an “extreme” mascara, clump-resistant and will coat my lashes with a glossy black color. I will give this a try ~ this is all-natural, pro-grade formula without harsh chemicals or dyes. Of course, if it doesn’t work that well, I will then use my Diorshow lash primer and then this mascara ~ I have found that if I Dior any mascara, my lashes will always look fab! Full Size .23 oz RV $23.50
Ingredients: Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Brazil Wax), Cera/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuba Wax)*, Castor Isostearate (Castor Oil), Beeswax Succinate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Palm Glycerides, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Geraniol, Limonene. May Contain + / – : ci77499 (Iron Oxide); *Certified Organic
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist This is one huge size of a hydrating mist! I am going to gift this as it contains rose oil extract, but I can smell the Ylang Ylang and it is lovely. This has some anti-inflammatory and astringent ingedients, as well as moisturizing. You can use this on your face, body and hair and in the summer time, keep the bottle in the frig for a cooler, refreshing spray. Full Size 200 mL RV $22.00
Description: Tone and hydrate with this refreshing blend of rosehip, ylang ylang, resveratrol grapeseed oil and antioxidant-rich organic juices for a fresh, radiant complexion. Juice Beauty’s Hydrating Mist is designed for all skin types and ideal for daily use to keep skin hydrated and fresh. Tones & refreshes with resveratrol from organic grapeseed. Aromatherapeutic with pure essential oils of ylang ylang & rosehips. Hydrates with organic aloe Clinically validated hydration: Clinically proven to present a significant moisturizing effect, increasing hydration for up to 3 hours.
Ingredients: Organic Juices Of Vitis Vinifera (organic White Grape Juice)*, Aloe Barbadensis (organic Aloe Juice)*, Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Rosa Canina (organic Rosehip Fruit Extract)*, Decyl Glucoside, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/ Succinate, Vitis Vinifera (grape Seed Extract), Avena Sativa(oat Extract), Rosa Damascena (rose Oil Extract), Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Citric Acid, Cananga Odorata (ylang Ylang) Pure Essential Oil *Certified Organic Ingredient cosDNA.com analysis
One Love Organics Gardenia + Tea Antioxidant Body Serum This smells WONDEFUL! It has a light gardenia scent that is not overpowering and I just love it. It reminds me of my childhood and our backyard ~ my mother has a huge flower garden and had gardenias ~ such a summer time scent for me. This body serum will hydrate and nourish your skin, while helping your skin be smoother, supple and firmer. This has a clinically proven ingredient ~antioxidant Antileukine 6 ~ which will help your skin against dryness and environmental stress. Its spray cap has a little push lock tab, so you can lock the spray mechanism to off so it won’t accidentally “go off”! This is lightweight, quickly absorbs into my skin and I can feel instantly how smooth it is without any greasy residue. I think this is my favorite item of the box and I have the feeling I will be purchasing it in the future. It is that nice and beautifully scented. 100% of the ingredients are from natural orgin and 21.7% of the ingredients are from organic farming, both certified by Ecocert. Full Size 120 mL RV $39.00
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil is a lightweight oil that has a high concentration of Vitamin E, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and may also help protect the skin from UV rays. It is known for its hydrating and moisturizing properties and it contains omaga-6 fatty acids.
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) contains polyphenol antioxidants: catechins, tannins, flavonoids ~ which are anti-bacterial agents as well as acting as an astringent, retains skin moisture and hydration.
- Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil is a powerful antioxidant due to its vast array of vitamins, amino acids, a nutrients and enzymes. It softens and moisturizes the skin as it is a natural emollient
- Laminaria Ochroleuca (Kelp) Extract Due to it s high sterol (natural plant compounds that are vegetable fats) content, kelp can help bind moisture to your skin and it also reduces inflammation.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) contains vitamins C, A and E, beta carotene, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids. Vitamin C is important for brightening and stimulating collagen production. It contains 200 to 800 times more vitamins than apples. Sea Buckthorn is known for its antioxidant properties to help slow down aging and to regenerate new skin cells, while penetrating deep into your derma layer and locking moisture inside..
- Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract has the highest concentration of omega-3 fatty acids from any plant source and it and it packed with antioxidants and essential minerals. Chia seed oil will hydrate your skin, reverse free radical damage, while protecting against future damage.
- Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos Tea) contains flavonoids that act as antioxidants, helping combat free radicals and also reversing free radical damage. It has anti-viral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, which will help heal and reduce rashes, blemishes and other skin disorders, as well as soothing skin as it is hypoallergenic. It also helps protect your skin from UV ray damage as it contains Vitamin D and zinc.
- Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Oil has excellent anti-oxidant and skin softening properties and benefits. It has rich texture that helps with your skin’s barrier and locks in your skin’s moisture, preventing dryness. It also is used to extend the shelf life of other oils
Ingredients: Capric/caprylic Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Seed Oil*, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil*, Fragrance*, Laminaria Ochroleuca (Kelp) Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil*, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Extract* (and) Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos Tea) Extract*, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil. *Ingredients from Organic Farming cosDNA.com analysis
Au Naturale Cosmetics Organic Creme Highlighter Stick in Rose Gold This stick comes housed in a study gold tube and the color is so pretty ~ a rich rose gold shimmer, which I think I will use either as an eye shadow or blush, after I smudge it out. It is also long lasting too, I did rub my hand after I swatched this and it did not rub off easily. The tube is deceptive as there is only about an 3/4 inches of this product in a 3 inch tube Full Size RV $32.00
Description: The rich rose gold color gives the face depth and dimension, plus a sheer, luminous glow. A natural blend of hydrating coconut and jojoba seed oils nourishes skin and helps color blend easily for fast, foolproof application that gets us out the door in no time.
Ingredients: Organic Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Organic Castor Oil, Mica, Wildcrafted Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Organic Simmondsia Chinsis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Castor Wax, Tapioca Starch, Iron Oxides, Kaolin
rms beauty lip shine in Honest Honest is a nude dusty rose shade and it is quite sheer. Don’t let the tub fool you, it is not a peachy shade. This is very moisturizing, shiny and natural looking, without a tacky feel to it. Full Size RV $25.00
Description: Purity made simple. A touch of shine on your lips is now both sensuous and nourishing. This colorful, fountain of youth for lips contains buriti oil, which is rich in nutrients. Due to its natural fatty acids, vitamin A and C properties, these lip shines provide extracellular antioxidant protection. Combined with nourishing organic oils and pure mineral pigments, this exotic formula is highly emollient and visibly hydrating. These are sure to become your newest healthy addiction.
Ingredients: *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Buriti (Mauritia Flexuosa) Oil, *Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), Centella Asiatica Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Non-GMO, may contain: [+/- Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891 and Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC
ILIA Beauty Lip Gloss in Peek A Boo This is a very sheer nude, and because it looks like nothing on my lips, it is a nice plain glossy gloss for me to use alone or wear over another lip product. This has a lot of moisturizing ingredients ~ cocoa, sesame, coconut, shea butter and vitamin E ~ along with essential oils ~ thyme, rosemary, orange. This smells fantastic too ~ cocoa butter and coconut ~ and does not leave a gloppy tacky mess behind ~ it is smooth without sticky. Full Size .11 oz RV $24.00
Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Brassica Campestris, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Isostearyl Citrate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) Fruit Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Oil. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Iron Oxide (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Red 28 (CI 45410). Certified Organic Ingredients.
- Au Naturale Cosmetics Organic Creme Highlighter Stick in Rose Gold
- rms beauty lip shine in Honest
- ILIA Beauty Lip Gloss in Peek A Boo
Since this box is over $35.00, I added my Mystery Pack and looked around at the Bonus Gift Shop, as I couldn’t use any of the coupons. Birchbox must keep track of the last time I used a promo code, as sometimes I can use them and sometimes I cannot. I added a mini lip trio by ModelCo and since the Women’s Mystery Pack was sold out at the time, I added the Men’s Mystery Pack.
ModelCo Lip Lacquer Trio They actually sell this mini trio for $16.00, but I got it free as I used LIPTRIO as my promo code. I do not know if that still works, but give it a try! This trio contains Morocco, Crème Brulee and Viva and they have a fruity scent to them. They are very glossy, moisturizing and although the description states highly pigmented, I will say these are more on the sheerer side. Morocco is my favorite ~ a sheer reddish-brown shade. Crème Brulee is a semi-opaque nude with a whitest cast (not my favorite) and Viva is a semi-opaque pink-coral (again, don’t care for that much). I am glad I added these as it gives me an idea of the formula for this lip gloss. 3 x 1.5 mL RV $16.00
- Crème Brulee
Ingredients: Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Salicylate, May contain (+/-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).
The Mystery Pack was a meh for me ~ sometimes the Men’s Mystery pack is really amazing and better than the women’s, but this time I received a Billy Jealousy Triple Crown body wash sample (meh smelling) and Billy Jealousy Slush Fund Styling Mud. Might use the mud in the summer time when I want to have bed head hair.
The New Naturals Box is AMAZING and I will use all of the products except for the Juice Beauty item. I love the body serum, that is my favorite thing in the box, the makeup is natural and fresh (when the summer heat is beating down on you, less is better!) and I cannot wait to try the Tata Harper mask. I paid $59.00 (plus tax) for this box and received a retail value of almost $220.00. Can’t beat that! Also, with the free lip trio and mystery pack, I received a value of well over $240.00. Did you purchase this box at Birchbox? What is your favorite item?
You can purchase the New Naturals Box as it is still available (click here) for $59.00
- Add your women’s mystery pack or men’s mystery pack for free
- Use one of the promo codes to get an additional discount if you can:
- If you can’t use a promo code (I couldn’t this time), check out their free sample shop. Try using LIPTRIO if you are interested in the ModelCo mini lippies
[ descriptions in italics from birchbox.com and product websites ]
[ this blog post contains referral and affiliate links ]