Herbal Bliss is a unique eco-friendly subscription service, as their whole theme is around providing herbal products ~ samples, full sized ~ from artisan crafted companies around the USA. Their monthly lifestyle box will contain 5 items that could be culinary, health, beauty, aromatherapy and more. I really love this subscription and I hope more people “discover” them, as they keep getting better and better.
What is Herbal Bliss Co?
Herbal Bliss enjoys reaching out to the diverse herbal suppliers throughout the USA to bring you five unique samples each month. Our sample categories are Aromatherapy, Blissful Body, Culinary, Well Being and a Spotlight product. Each of our suppliers thoughtfully grows, harvest, and packages to bring you delightful experiences into your home. Herbal Bliss is thrilled to introduce you to a multi-faceted experience each month.
- Passionate About Small Batches ~ Our suppliers are often growing their herbs, creating their recipes, and building their shop fronts on their family farm. You are receiving special, handcrafted gifts from nature without bias to one supplier over another.
- Discover Herbs ~ Herbal products are one of the fastest growing consumer products. Why is that? People are wary of chemical, laboratory products that have who knows what effect on our body systems. We want to put natural products in our bodies and on our skin & hair. We want to read a label and not only be able to pronounce the ingredients, but know what they are
- Education ~ Herbs can be intimidating. Herb shops are usually very helpful, but sometimes you may be afraid to ask questions because other customers seem so well informed. Most people know that you should not ingest herbs for ailments without speaking to your doctor first, but there are many other questions about the use of herbs. Herbs are from the earth and have uses beyond what you think of everyday and we are here to help introduce those uses and the makers of these gifts. We bring education for each category. (source)
Herbal Bliss offers (per box) a month-to-month sub at $25.00, 3 month sub at $22.00, 6 month sub at $20.00 and a yearly sub at $18.00 per box.
Soothing Herbals Apothecary Elderberry Syrup Yeah! I love elderberry syrup as it is a traditional ingredient to help boost your immune system and help prevent cold and flu symptoms. Elderberries are full of antioxidant properties and is known to lower cholesterol and fight infections. Plus it is tasty ~ this particular brand is made with brandy so I will take it at night time. Full Size 4 oz RV $12.00
Description: This all-natural syrup is traditionally used to alleviate cold and flu symptoms, such as coughing, upper and lower respiratory congestion, fever, and body aches. Elder berries have strong immune enhancing properties, taste great, is very effective and kids love it. Elderberry syrup will keep up to 2 months when stored in the refrigerator.
Ingredients: Organically grown dried elder berries, spring water, local raw honey, brandy. Elderberry (Sambucus nigra (Europe), Sambucus canadensis (North America)
Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup HOW COOL IS THIS? Seriously, two great tasting products so far in this box! And this is one of the more unusual products I have received. This jar contains 11 edible hibiscus flowers in a sugar syrup and I will say that they look very alien looking! I lightened the above photo a bit so you can see the texture and shape better ~ they are dark deep red color in person. They also taste great ~ a wonderful berry taste and the flowers are have the texture of a firm grape. They are so cool looking ~ I used mine on some waffles and it makes a beautiful presentation. Hibiscus flowers are very high in anthocyanin and antioxidants and studies have shown that they can reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol. You can add as a garnish and the syrup to cocktails and mocktails. It can also be used as glaze for condiments for seafood and meat, stuff the flower with a soft cheese, like goat cheese or make a chili salsa with it. Use for as a garnish for desserts and the syrup for sauce or jelly. Wild Hibiscus has a full list of recipes here. Full Size 8.8 oz RV $11.00
Ingredients: Hibiscus flowers, water, cane sugar
Cloverleaf Farm Cloverleaf Salve Another great item as I use salves all the time in the winter, due to my chapped hands. Alas, my winter is unseasonable warm right now ~ it was 60 degrees the other day in the Northeast ~ but I feel that will change soon ~ it is very dry, however. This salve is nice and thick, goes on like a very nourishing moisturizer and smells like herbs and lemons. It is a very pleasant scent and this salve will help heal, reduce inflammation, itchiness and redness, soothe and moisturize your skin. 1 oz RV $11.95
Description: An intensely moisturizing and all purpose healing salve, Cloverleaf Salve can be used on face, hands, lips, arms, legs, and body. It helps those rough dry hands, and is healing for all types of skin inflammations or dry skin issues. Helps to rehydrate dry skin. Helps to repair cracks in hands and feet. Cloverleaf Salve helps to protect your skin. The salve will help to add moisturize to your hands if you have a job where your hands are in water all day. Great for chapped hands, or chapped lips! It can be used on all skin types. A little goes a long way.
Herbs and Why They Are Used
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis) – Soothes inflamed, red skin and heals skin tissue.
- Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) – Helps to heal skin tissues.
- Chickweed (Stellaria media)- Helps to soothe skin and stops itching.
- Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis) – Acts as a natural emollient for the skin and prevents infection of torn skin.
- Red Clover (Trifolium pratense) – Acts as a mild anti-inflammatory and soothes skin.
- Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana)- Relieves inflammation
- Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) – Relieves inflammation and soothes the skin.
Ingredients: Calendula, lavender, marshmallow root, red clover flower and leaf, chickweed, and witch hazel infused into almond and apricot oil; beeswax, aloe, lemon essential oil
Stephanie K Natural Perfumes in Nightflower I knew once I saw the name Nightflower, this was jasmine and I was correct! I cannot wear jasmine scents as I am allergic to them, so I will gift this. However, HerbalBliss mentioned the other scents as this was randomly chosen ~ Opulence, Firelight, Autumn Spice, Mountain, Green Sun ~ so I took a look at Stephanie K’s site and purchased a couple of their mini samples ~ Green Sun and Autumn Spice. I look forward to trying those as I love a nicely crafted, artisan perfume! Sample Size .5 mL RV $5.00
- Nightflower – Indian jasmine paired with gourmand notes for an intensely sensual perfume. Gorgeous Jasmine sambac accented with almond, coffee, mimosa, and red cedar.
- Opulence – Exquisite sandalwood and sumptuous rosewood with a breeze of crisp lime and bergamot. A perfect day-to-night scent, whether at work or a formal event, you will exude feminine elegance.
- Firelight – Vetiver with rosewood and coriander for a softly spiced aroma. Warm and soft like a fireside chat under the stars. Wear this to feel sophisticated, confident and adventurous
- Autumn Spice – It opens with a blend of four orange essential oils–Wild orange, Blood orange, sweet orange and orange juice. Then come the spices! Nutmeg, cardamom, clove, black pepper and turmeric blended with a soft vanilla base.
- Mountain – An evergreen forest on a misty mountain morning. Mountain blends woods and juniper berries with green sage, basil, marjoram topped with clove and coriander
- Green Sun – A playful, free-spirited fragrance of green citrus and grassy notes. Fresh citrus notes of green and yellow mandarins, grapefruit, accented with kaffir lime leaf and ginger. Then it flows from fruity into more grassy notes with lavender and petitgrain, blending into a soft amber.
Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, natural fragrance (essential oils)
Zaaina Skincare Skin Brightening Face Mask I am all about brightening and evening out my skin tone ~ I have some sun damaged hyper-pigmentation from years ago that I am trying to lighten up (wear your sunscreen!!) This is a face mask that is in powder form, so it will last a long time and is made with a few ingredients, including rice flour ~ which is a fabulous antioxidant, helps reduce and slow down hyper-pigmentation, smooths and exfoliates your skin and helps balance your oil/moisture barrier in your skin, as it is also an emollient. This also has honey, which is fantastic for many skin types, as it has antibacterial properties to help speed up skin healing and prevent infections, keeps moisture in your skin and attracting moisture. It also contains clay, which helps remove excess oil and dirt on your skin. Due to the lemon and lime oils in here, it does smell like that ~ which I love. This is a finely milled powder and it will last a long time. Full Size 2 oz RV $12.95
Description: This skin lightening mask is perfect for exfoliation, skin brightening, treat blemishes, pigmentation and anti-aging. This Mask is made with the key ingredients which have been used and proven from centuries in the Asian countries.
How To Use: Mix 1 teaspoon of the mask with equal amounts of water. Mix well until the consistency is paste like. Apply mask to clean face and leave on for 20-30 minutes. While washing off with the water, gently massage to exfoliate the skin. Instead of water you can also use one of the following: For Dry Skin – Milk OR Egg white OR Fresh Cream. For Oily Skin – Yogurt OR Aloe Vera Gel OR plain black coffee (room temperature)
Ingredients: Rice Flour, Honey Powder, Lemon Powder, Coconut Powder, Betonite Clay, Lemon Oil & Lime Oil.
Another great box from Herbal Bliss! I love the foodie items and the hibiscus flowers are so cool and tasty. The salve and facial mask are great items to try out ~ and even though I cannot use the perfume sample, I was able to purchase a couple of them on my own to try out. I paid $20.00 for my box, as I am on a 6 month subscription and received a value of $52.90, which is the highest value box I have received from Herbal Bliss. The last few months have been exceptional in value from this artisan crafted, eco-friendly, herbal based subscription box. I wish that they would include coupons to their vendors, and I hope they will be able to do that in the future.
Do you subscribe to Herbal Bliss? I feel like a broken record, but if you love eco-friendly products tat are unusual and aren’t found in other sub boxes, you should give them a try! Are you interested in this subscription and what products do you want to try out?
[ descriptions in italics from linked websites ]