Last month’s The 3B Box was amazing and I was wondering how this month was going to live up or down to that expectation. I saw some of the sneak peeks on The 3B Box IG account and I am so excited about this box! If you are looking for an Asian beauty box subscription that contains deluxe size products with a full sized item now and then, this sub is for you ~ they don’t just do K-Beauty, so you will get Taiwanese and Japanese skincare products too. What is 3B (Beauty Beyond Borders)? It is an Asian sample monthly subscription box and is very affordable at $14.00/monthly ~ if you sign up for a longer subscription, you can save more money. It is similar to ipsy and Birchbox, where you get 4 to 5 deluxe samples (and sometimes a full sized item!)
More about 3B’s monthly service:
Each box contains a collection of deluxe samples that are new or popular in Asia but hard to get your hands on. The products will change each month, and you’ll get to try new skincare, haircare, nailcare, and cosmetic products. Sample products range from go-to brands such as Lioele, Etude House and Skinfood to high-end premium brands like SK-II, Kanebo, and Sulwhasoo. Don’t worry about not being able to read Japanese or Korean – we’ve got you covered with English translations of descriptions in each box. (https://the3bbox.com/the-box/)
The 3B Box has an online shop now! You can purchase full size AND deluxe sized samples ~ in case you missed out on a sample or you just want to try it. Check it out ~ For the month of December, use promo code SPARKLE to get free shipping with any purchase at their shop
When The Last Choice (Hydrate) Facial Sheet Mask (Korea) When’s coconut bio-cellulose masks are a lot better than Leaders, imho. I had the chance to review The Last Choice several months ago (original review here), so I will repeat what I said there
All When masks are bio-cellulose sheet masks and are made from fermented coconut juice ~ which is produced by Acetobacter xylinum bacteria (bacterial cellulose) and are more effective and eco-friendly compared to fabric or hydrogel masks. When masks are proven to hold significant amounts of essence, hug close to your skin and are gentle. All of their masks are individually packaged, vegan, gluten free and they do not contain parabens, sulfates or triclosan. All When masks contain hyaluronic acid and ginseng extracts to help keep skin healthy. The total content of phenoxyethanol is less than 0.05%. All masks are “made in full compliance with Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and are committed to safety and quality.”
This a hydrating mask from When. This is a coconut jelly mask, similar to Leaders, but unlike Leaders, this mask doesn’t have that funky scent that I associate with coconut hydrogels. It is a one piece mask and it fits really well ~ and it hugs the contours of my face as well ~ it comes sandwiched between two pieces of paper, to help preserve the shape and also aid in applying the mask to your face. There is some leftover essence in the bag, so I just pat this over the mask and on my neck. This mask has a cooling effect which I assume that is due to the coconut mask sheet ~ which I am so thankful it does not smell like a Leaders mask! Some ingredients of note
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate is a plant derived fat and is a skin conditioner and emollient. It helps the skin’s own lipid (oil) layer and creates a protective film on your skin ~ don’t worry, you won’t feel it! It is considered a dry emollient as it moisturizes the skin without leaving your skin greasy.
- Saccharide Isomerate helps moisturize your skin, as it is an emollient. It binds your skin and cannot be washed away easily, locking in moisture and hydration in your skin.
- Bambusa Textilis Stem Extract ~ Bamboo contains 70% of silica, which is a crucial item when it comes to your skin’s connective tissue, collagen. By stimulating certain cells, silica helps strengthen your collagen and elastin, which in turn will help firm and tone your skin and plump up your skin, so fine lines and wrinkles are not as noticeable. Bamboo also is a very soothing ingredient that is good for sensitive skin, as it is an anti-irritant, retains moisture and helps combat free radicals as it does contain anti-oxidant proprieties as well.
I did take a moisture/oil reading with my skin digital analyzer and before I used this mask, my face was pretty dry ~ 14.9% oil/33.3% water. After I removed the mask, my face felt hydrated, soft and smooth. I did another reading to see if this mask added moisture to my skin ~ 22.0% oil/49.1% water! So an increase of about 48% in lipids and 47% in moisture. That is good news! RV $7.00
Description: When your skin needs that extra glass of water, quench the thirst with When The Last Choice. Flakes and patches have no chance with When The Last Choice. Drink it up! The soft, jelly like mask sheet is made from coconut juice and is infused with light, comforting serum. When The Last Choice contains sodium hyaluronate and saccharide isomerate to help keep skin moisturized.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl carbonate, Chamomilla recutita flower water, Polyacrylate 13, Saccharide isomerate, Citrus grandis seed extract, Bambusa textilis stem extract, Pinus palustris leaf extract, Caprylyl glycol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium hyaluronate, Arnica montana flower extract, Artemisia absinthium extract, Achillea millefolium extract, Gentiana lutea root extract, Citric acid, Sodium citrate, Disodium EDTA, Colloidal platinum, Panax ginseng extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool cosDNA analysis
cosRX Acne Pimple Master Patch (Korea) OMG, I love these things so much. My only complaint is that I don’t need the teeny tiny rounds, but would love to have the bigger ones, because when I need these, I need COVERAGE. Got zits? Need to deflate them fast? Slap one of these puppies on them, leave overnight and your blemish will be less red, less zitty, less swollen and perhaps even gone! They also draw out the pus (yep, they do!) overnight, so when you remove them in the morning, that gunk will be gone with it. These help SO much with my horrible painful huge zits that I get on my chin every other month. They also help with new ones trying to grow on your skin, just put one of these patches over those budding eruptions and they will be gone the next day. I am always tossing one or two of these in my cart when I shop at K-Beauty sites because I go thru them pretty quickly and I do not want to be out of stock of them at home! 7mm x 10, 10mm x 5 & 12 mm x 9 rounds RV $5.00
How to Use: Make sure the troubled area is clean and dry. Gently remove the patch from the film and apply directly onto the troubled spot (make sure it covers the pimple entirely). Leave on overnight and remove in the morning.
Ingredients: Cellulose Gum, Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer, Polysobutylene, Petroleum Resin, Polyurethane Film, Liquid Paraffin, Tetrakis Methane
Yokota Lab V10 Plus Serums (Japan) Yokota Lab is a Japanese brand and they produce specialized serums, targeting different skin care needs and issues. It reminds me of It’s Skin Power 10 Formula Effector series and Skin Inc Serum series. They have 11 different serums, which seems to be quite normal with these types of targeted serum series. From Yokata Lab, their descriptions (source)
- Amino Serum: Amino acid is the most important NMF in the horny layer. V 10 Plus amino serum reproduces the relative proportions of 8 amino acids (glycine, alanine, proline, serine, threonine, arginine, lycine, glutamic acid) in the horny layer. It also contains 2 other amino acids: trimethyl glycine (high moisturizing effect) and ergothioneine (protecting effect). It is good for dryness. It moisturizes the skin with marine collagen and decreases the dullness by enhancing metabolism. V 10 Plus amino serum has light texture and makes your skin smooth.
- BIOCELL Serum: BIOCELL encourages the production of energy in the skin cells. BIOCELL in your skin continues to decrease as you get older. V 10 Plus slows down the symptom of aging very similar in molecular structure to estrogen. Estrogen is called the “beauty hormone”, which keeps the skin youthful. But estrogen secretion decreases dramatically from your late 40’s, so you have to supply BIOCELL to your skin. It is good for DNA Repair, Skin Cells Repair, Anti-wrinkle, Prevention of melanin production
- Ceramide Serum: Ceramide is the main component of intercellular lipid, which keeps water in the skin and also protects your skin from external stimulus, such as air drying or ultraviolet ray. Lack of Ceramide depresses the barrier function of skin and causes dryness and roughness of the skin. It is good for dryness and sensitive skin. It fills in the damaged horny layer and enforces the barrier function of skin. V 10 Plus Ceramide serum uses Ceramide which is extracted from rice polishings.
- Collagen Serum: Collagen dominates about 80% of dermis and keeps the elasticity and juvenility of the skin. It decreases after your mid-20s, so you have to replenish collagen to keep your skin looking young. It is good for wrinkles and elasticity. V 10 Plus serum uses marine collagen which is fresh Sea Bream’s scale. It contains more amino acids and its molecule is smaller than the pig’s and cow’s collagen, so it has more penetration power. Also, as it contains marine elastin, you can regain soft skin with this combination.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Hyaluronic Acid is one of the main components of dermis and horny layer. It can hold 6 liters of water per 1 grams and it works to keep water in the skin. At the age of 60, Hyaluronic Acid will be about one third of what a baby has, but it decreases as you get older. So it is necessary to supply more of this moisturizing factor with age. It is good for dry skin and inner dry. V 10 Plus serum has a high reputation of permeability, because it contains lysolecithin (phosphatide), which speeds up the penetration into the skin, as it is the main component of cell membrane.
- Licorice Serum: Licorice is a serum extracted from the root and stalk of a pea family plant “licorice”. It contains glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice) Root Extract which has an anti-inflammatory effect, and soothes skin irritation. It is good for irritation and inflammation. It calms down the roughness caused by allergy, inflamed pimples and irritation caused by sunburn. It is recommended to use V 10 Plus Licorice serum when you feel some irritation or sensitiveness on your skin. It is good for
- Placenta Serum: Placenta restrains melanogenesis and activates your skin by accelerating the growth of the cells. V 10 Plus Placenta serum employs vegetable Placenta which is a mixed serum extracted from aloe, chlorella and pueraria. It is good for whitening. It works effectively on spots, freckles and dullness. V 10 Plus Placenta serum contains citric acid, which raises mineral absorption.
- Pycnogenol® Serum: Pycnogenol® is a natural ingredient extracted from the bark of the French coastal pine in Southern France (Bordeaux). It has a great antioxidation effect, which is 350 times greater than Vitamin C and 170 times than Vitamin E. It is good for eliminating activated oxygen. It prevents your skin from any skin troubles caused by the activated oxygen and also remedies damages. Also, the functional characterization is that it strengthens the effects of vitamins, collagen, etc. V 10 Plus Pycnogenol® serum can be used as a fortification of your daily skin care.
- Quasi Serum: V 10 Plus Quasi serum is a new comprehensive approach in beauty expressed by the intensive protection and treatment from Quasi Serum. It focused on the chemistry of melanin metabolism and bestow a pleasing and beautiful luminosity onto the skin from every angle bringing out clarity and fairness from within and without. Contains active ingredients Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract and Hydrlyzed Prunus Domestica that inhibits the formation and accumulation of melanin and prevents darks spots and freckles. With its water base texture and application it bestow onto the user bright, radiant and outstanding translucency of the skin. It is good for defining a bright aura around the face, it inhibits the formation of melanin and prevents dark spots and freckles. With its intense natural extract and moist texture it leads to bright and translucent skin.
- Vitamin A Serum: Vitamin-A controls cornification and activates your tired skin, so that your skin becomes healthier. It is good for metabolism. It normalizes the turn over of the skin cells and rejuvenates your skin. Dark circles, roughness, dryness or dullness they are the signs of Vitamin-A deficiency. V 10 Plus Vitamin-A which accelerates blood circulation and metabolism.
- Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin-C has many good effects on the skin. It helps the synthesis of collagen in the skin, so that the pores are minimized. It also improves inflammatory pimples. For skin beauty, apply Vitamin-C directly to the skin rather than take it orally, as in the latter case, large proportion of Vitamin-C is used in the body and not for the skin. It is good for pimples and pores. The Vitamin-C in v 10 Vitamin-C serum is a Vitamin-C derivative, which is stable and works efficiently. Also, it contains OBAKU which control sebum secretion.
The 3B Bag gave us 6 foils, randomly selected and they won’t all be unique. I received 2 Vitamin A, 1 Vitamin C, 2 Collagen and 1 Amino Serum. Collagen serums are not my favorite thing in the world, but this one is not made with pig or cow collagen, which seems to make me break out. This is made from marine collagen, so I will give it a try. Pretty excited to try these out! 6 x 2 mL RV $39.20
Description: V10 Plus serums are formulated with the highest quality ingredients. All serums are made in Japan and free of parabens, artificial color, or chemical fragrances. We love this Japanese brand because their products give you clean, bright, glowing skin without the need for makeup.
How to Use: Apply 1-3 drops after cleanser, toner. Pat onto your skin in upward and outward motions until fully absorbed and follow up with a second serum or moisturizer.
Collagen Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Lysolecithin, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Soluble Collagen cosDNA analysis
Amino Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Phenoxyethanol , Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol , Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Serine, Sodium Citrate, Glycine, Lysolecithin, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Arginine, Lysine, Threonine, Proline, Soluble Collagen cosDNA analysis
Vitamin A Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lysolecithin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate cosDNA analysis
Vitamin C Ingredients: Water, Sodium Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Alcohol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Polyaspartate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract cosDNA analysis
WEI Five Sacred Grains Rapid Glow Liquid Milk (China) OHHH, I have tried Wei products before and I am excited to get one in my box this month! I normally have just tried their masks ~ facial and wash off ~ so this is pretty cool to get something other than a mask. They call this a liquid milk and its texture is like a thin lotion, but it isn’t runny. It is made with 5 superfood grains: Rice, Millet, Sorghum, Job’s Tears and Black Soybean ~ which will help improve your skin’s appearance. They are perfect for aging skin, regardless of skin type! This is in a base of coconut milk, which will help soften your skin and it has a cooling effect. This doesn’t have much of a scent to it and when I apply this to my skin, I can immediately feel how soft and smooth my skin, while being hydrated and moist. It doesn’t leave a sticky or dewy residue behind and it absorbs quickly into my skin. This is a nice sized sample too ~ 1 oz RV $7.15
Description:Traditional Chinese Medicine reveres the groups of Five Sacred Grains for the complete nutrients they provide the body to maintain overall health and vitality. Known as “gold from the soil,” Five Sacred Grains offer the ultimate in skin nourishing benefits. Pressed after soaking for 24 hours in pure coconut water, the undiluted nutrients are captured in a milky puree that energizes, brightens, and brings skin back into balance. A first step in ultimate renewal, this lightweight milk readily absorbs into the skin providing an immediate boost of hydration and quickly improving the look and feel of skin that is uneven to the touch. Soaked in skin-softening coconut water and consisting of Rice, Millet, Sorghum, Job’s Tears, and Black Soybean, this proprietary “Five Sacred Grains” complex hydrates and softens skin to help achieve a smooth, glowing complexion. Vitamin C defends the skin from free radicals and helps illuminate a dull complexion
How To Use: Sprinkle a few drops into the palm of your hand and apply to clean, dry face, neck, décolletage, and hands. Press into skin until absorbed. Follow with serum and moisturizer.
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Sorbitan Laurate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Juice, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Extract, Panicum Miliaceum (Millet) Sprout Extract, Sorghum Vulgare (Sorghum) Seed/Skin/Stalk Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-yuen (Job’s Tears) Seed Extract, Glycine Max (Soybean) Seed Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sucrose Cocoate, Alcohol Denat., Isostearyl Stearoyl Stearate, Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol cosDNA analysis
Manyo Factory Herb Green Cleansing Oil (Korea) This box ends with a spectacular finish! Manyo Factory is finally getting some love here and this is their cleansing oil specifically made for oily/acne prone skin ~ but since it is a cleansing oil, it should work on all skin types. I have tried several products from the Herb Green line (reviews here) and I have enjoyed every one of them. This has green tea which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties, as well as the ability to prevent collagen breakdown. Tea tree has healing and disinfectant properties ~ antibacterial, fungicide, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiviral and can help speed up wound healing and reduce scarring. It helps with preventing dry, flaky skin and because of its antibacterial properties, can help heal current blemishes while reducing future blemishes and control excess oil. It helps with rashes, allergic skin reactions and fungal infections. It has lavender which helps regulate the amount of sebum our skin produces. Lavender balances the oil production of the skin and also helps speed up wound healing. Rosemary has antimicrobial effects and prevents bacteria from infecting pores. This is just an amazing list of ingredients in here and the scent is a very fresh herbal green scent. I will be doing a skin cleansing test on IG in the next few days, so follow me to see how well it removes makeup! Deluxe Size 20 mL RV $2.60
Fun Fact about the name ~ Korean word ‘manyo’ can be literally translated as a sorceress. Why sorceress? Manyo Factory products consist of only natural, organic and botanical ingredients, so the process of creating natural cosmetics can be compared with the preparation of magic potions. (source)
Description: Herbal hydrophilic Herb Green Cleansing Oil effectively cleanses skin of makeup and contamination, does not block pores, prevents blackheads and acne. Due to its texture, the oil penetrates deep into the pores, dissolves and pushes contamination outward, activates the deep cells of the skin, strengthening its protective layer, smoothing wrinkles and improving tone. Hydrophilic Herb Green Cleansing Oil does not leave a sticky or greasy film on skin, does not contain artificial ingredients.
Ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Isoamyl Laurate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Artemisia Vulgaris Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Olibanum cosDNA analysis
This has to be my favorite month EVER from The 3B Box!! Products from Korea, Japan and China, Manyo Factory, Wei, cosRX, When and a new brand for me ~ Yokota Lab. I am just amazed at this month’s selection ~ I love every single item!! The 3B Box outdid themselves here and I highly recommend this subscription service. I paid $12.00 for this and received a RV of almost $71.00!!
Did you receive The 3B box this month? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below! If you are interested in subscribing to The 3B Box, you can get a free bonus item in your first 3B box if you sign up for a 6 or 12 month plan and using promo code UNBOXINGBEAUTY.
[ descriptions in italics from linked product website ]
2 thoughts on “Unboxing December 2016 The 3B Box + Promo Code”
I thought this was an amazing box, too. I will use every product in it and am really excited to try the Manyo Factory Cleansing Oil and the When mask 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
The “When The Last Choice (Hydrate) Facial Sheet Mask” looks interesting,..
LikeLiked by 1 person