I am so excited about this month’s Herbal Bliss! I received it last night and am in awe how great it is! Herbal Bliss is a unique eco-friendly subscription service, as their whole theme is around providing herbal products ~ samples, full sized ~ from artisan crafted companies around the USA. Their monthly lifestyle box will contain 5 items that could be culinary, health, beauty, aromatherapy and more.
What is Herbal Bliss Co?
Herbal Bliss enjoys reaching out to the diverse herbal suppliers throughout the USA to bring you five unique samples each month. Our sample categories are Aromatherapy, Blissful Body, Culinary, Well Being and a Spotlight product. Each of our suppliers thoughtfully grows, harvest, and packages to bring you delightful experiences into your home. Herbal Bliss is thrilled to introduce you to a multi-faceted experience each month.
- Passionate About Small Batches ~ Our suppliers are often growing their herbs, creating their recipes, and building their shop fronts on their family farm. You are receiving special, handcrafted gifts from nature without bias to one supplier over another.
- Discover Herbs ~ Herbal products are one of the fastest growing consumer products. Why is that? People are wary of chemical, laboratory products that have who knows what effect on our body systems. We want to put natural products in our bodies and on our skin & hair. We want to read a label and not only be able to pronounce the ingredients, but know what they are
- Education ~ Herbs can be intimidating. Herb shops are usually very helpful, but sometimes you may be afraid to ask questions because other customers seem so well informed. Most people know that you should not ingest herbs for ailments without speaking to your doctor first, but there are many other questions about the use of herbs. Herbs are from the earth and have uses beyond what you think of everyday and we are here to help introduce those uses and the makers of these gifts. We bring education for each category. (source)
Herbal Bliss offers (per box) a month-to-month sub at $25.00, 3 month sub at $22.00, 6 month sub at $20.00 and a yearly sub at $18.00 per box.
Super Salve Sierra Madre Sun Cream SPF30 I can never stress the importance of using sunscreen! It is hard to believe that a few years ago, I turned my nose up at sunscreen and now I enjoyed getting them 🙂 This is by Super Salve , who uses 100% natural and organically farmed herbal ingredients and their sun screen contains 6% zinc oxide, 1% titanium dioxide and 5% avobenzone, which is a non toxic compound ~ it is rated by EWG as (Environmental Working Group) a 2 on toxicity, so it is pretty low and has a very low footprint on the environment. This sun cream provides both UVA and UVB protection and it contains nourishing and moisturizing oils and butters, such as shea, coconut, olive, sesame and jojoba plus vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. This also has the enzyme lactoperoxidase, which is an natural antibacterial ingredient, derived from milk. This is a thick sun screen/cream and has the consistency of soft butter or margarine. It has a GREAT scent ~ it is almond scented, so I just want to break out some cookies! This is a rich sun screen and I will use it on my neck and arms. This absorbs nicely into my skin and it is water resistant while hydrating my skin. 1.75 oz RV $12.95
Ingredients: zinc oxide(6%), avobenzone (5%), titanium dioxide(1%), aqua (deionized water), beeswax (apis melllifera), butryospermum parkii (shea) butter, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, enzyme lactoperoxidase, glucose oxidase, lecithin, olea euopaea (olive) oil, organic prunus dulcis (almond) flavor, sesamum indicum (sesame) oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin-E) cosDNA.com analysis
Herban Essentials Essential Oil Towelettes I’ve tried Herban towelettes before in the orange scent, but this is a sampler of all of their scents and types. Five of their normal towelettes
- Orange is refreshing
- Orange Essential Oil is soothing and promotes joy; Helps children focus and relax; Tuck in car air conditioner vents for happy rides; Wave through air to create a positive and inspiring environment; Some have found orange oil to be a relief for depression, anxiety, high blood pressure and hiccups; Remove tar from sandy feet after a day at the beach!
- Eucalyptus is invigorating
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil is cooling as well as decongesting; Unfold towel and place in hot water to inhale decongesting vapors; Place in steam room or sauna; Rub on sore muscles to ease pain and stiffness; Massage on chest to relieve congestion; Wipe all over skin as an insect repellent; Smooth over sunburn to cool and heal
- Peppermint is energizing
- Peppermint Essential Oil is energizing and invigorating; Inhale aroma to clear the mind and combat mental fatigue; Rub on upset tummies to dispel nausea; Press on pulse points and breathe in aroma to relieve motion sickness; Ruck in car air conditioner vents to clean air and pep up the driver
- Lavender is calming
- Lavender Essential Oil is renowned for its calming and healing properties; Inhale aroma to calm and relax; Smooth over burns or scrapes to disinfect, ease pain, promote quick healing, and prevent scarring; Massage temples and back of neck to relieve headaches and/or stress; Inhale aroma and tuck in pillow case to aid in a goodnight’s sleep; Toss in the dryer to infuse clothes and linens with lavender aroma; Rub all over skin to repel bugs and relieve itching due to previous bug bites; Dot on blemishes to clear breakouts; Remove makeup on the face; Place in the tub to infuse bath with relaxing lavender oil and aroma; Clean baby’s bottom and prevent diaper rash
- Lemon is uplifting
- Lemon Essential Oil is refreshing and uplifting; Inhale aroma to stimulate creativity and concentration; Place in a diffuser or wave through air to eliminate odors and purify surroundings; Smooth over face as an astringent or aftershave; Wipe phones, computer keyboards, etc. in office or at home to prevent the spread of germs; Toss them in the refrigerator for a special rejuvenating treat on a hot day or after a workout
And then two of their specialty towelettes, which look to be just lavender ones: One Yoga Towelette to use before and after class to clean hands, feet and mat: Our wonderful yoga towelettes are infused with the highest quality pure lavender essential oil. Lavender oil is renowned for its calming, healing, and antibacterial properties, which makes our yoga towelette the perfect compliment to your yoga practice. Before and after class use a towelette to cleanse hands, feet, and mat Use as a calming transitioning aid from hectic daily life (especially if you rushed to get to class on time) During meditation, place an unfolded towelette over your face and breathe deeply to enhance and deepen relaxation Toss them in your yoga bag to enjoy their relaxing-moodlifting-fabulousness with every yoga practice
Also included is one Pet Towelette ~ to be used after playing with, caring for or cleaning up after your pet: Lavender Essential Oil is calming and healing, safe to use on dogs only. Use the towelettes to clean your hands and kill germs after playing with, caring for, or cleaning up after your pet. Rub a towelette over pet’s hotspots, scrapes, or skin irritations to disinfect, promote healing, and prevent licking. Place a towelette in pet’s crate to help calm and relax in stressful situations (ie: vet visits, illness, travel). Use towelettes to regularly clean pet’s ears
These are made with pure essential oils and are not only antibacterial, but antiseptic. These wipes only contain 3 ingredients! 7 towelettes RV $7.00
Ingredients: Water, Lavender OR Lemon OR Orange OR Eucalyptus OR Peppermint Essential Oil, Tween 20 (a natural fruit sugar emulsifier)
Bella Cucina Rosemary & Lavender Savory Salt I love that Herbal Bliss includes some gourmet food product ~ unusual pairings or something tasty. This is really nice. This is a seasoned salt with rosemary and lavender that comes in a beautiful WECK glass canning jar with clips to keep the product fresh. This will go well with lamb and other roasted meats, vegatables and I love the idea of sprinkling some of this on top of bread before baking ~ I bet it would be good on bread that you grill too! This smells amazing, btw. I’ve included some recipes from the Bella Cucina website with this seasoning. Full Size 2.6 oz RV $15.00
Ingredients: Kosher Salt, Sea Salt, Rosemary, Lavender
Recipes from Bellacucina Blogspot
Recipe from We Olive To Eat Blogspot
elizabeth W Cucumber Shea Butter Soothing Salve I love healing salves as I feel it is important to use natural products first for wounds and healing and save the heavy duty antibiotics for when you really need them. There is a difference between a scrape and a hole in your body and personally, I feel you should not use the same treatment for different types of wounds. In fact, it is true that bacteria is becoming resistant and immune to our synthetic antibiotics due to overuse. This lovely salve is made with shea butter and cucumber extracts and it does smell like cucumbers! It is also made with California Poppy Extract, which contains antimicrobial properties and will help with wound healing. This is really a nice salve ~ I love the scent! Full Size 1 oz RV $10.00
Description: An all-natural shea butter skin salve with California Poppy Extract to help comfort dry skin, soothe sunburn or itching, and protect against moisture loss. Apply to cuticles, elbows, and heels. Also use to rub gently on the temples and pulse points to encourage rest and relaxation. Refreshing, crisp, light, fruity. Pure essence of cucumber creates a scent that is cool, clean, softly sweet and easy to wear.
Ingredients: butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), cera alba (beeswax), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, tocopherol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, escscholtzia californica (California Poppy) flower/leaf/stem extract cosDNA.com analysis
Truly Aesthetic: Petite Bath Affirmations I had no idea what was in this slim box and imagine my surprise when I opened it up to find this lovely bath salt in Enliven: Coconut & Basil ~ which is all organic. The salt is in a test tube and I can see the coconut flakes right up top and then the dried basil and salt herbal bath product. It smells wonderful too! This comes with a linen bag and you pour your salts in the bag and then place in your bathtub water.
There were also two little rolled up papers ~ one contained the directions in using this product and the other was an affirmation quote. This is SUCH a great idea and a thoughtful touch! I love this product. 1 tube bath salt RV $15.00
Description: Activate your spirit with Enliven Bath Affirmations! These organic and all natural coconut basil herbal bath salts are a great way to invigorate the mind while at the same time, enhancing the environment of your bath. Organic coconut flakes nourish the skin while sweet basil leaves uplift the spirit. The perfect gift of eco luxury, Enliven Bath Affirmations™ exude organic elegance. Each test tube is handmade fresh when you order and individually hand poured with high end organic and wild harvested ingredients which will evoke the holistic aspect of the mind, body and spirit connection. Completely natural, Bath Affirmations™ are made without preservatives, artificial ingredients as well as no animal products, which also makes this product absolutely vegan friendly. Each bath salt test tube is accompanied by a hand selected positive affirmation scroll which will set the mood for your bath as well as prepare your mind for a divine holistic spa experience. 100% natural Portuguese cork is used to stop each test tube in order to keep the contents fresh. Also included are reusable unbleached muslin tea bags which can serve as an option to enclose the contents and create your own bath tea.
Ingredients: Mineral rich Dead Sea salt, moisturizing *coconut flakes, fragrant *sweet basil leaves and pure therapeutic grade *sweet basil essential oil. *Denotes organic
WHAT AN AMAZING MONTH!! Yes, I am shouting!! haha I love this month ~ from the wonderful fresh, cucumber scented salve, to the delicious rosemary lavender savory salt (just brush it on some bread with olive oil and toast ~ it is SO good!), sweet almond fragrant sunscreen, the assortment of wipes in lovely herbal and citrus scents to the amazing bath salt ~ such a unique presentation and love the mix of sweet basil and coconut. Time to take a bath once it cools down outside! Or I could just blow the fan into the bathroom 🙂 Herbal Bliss keeps getting better and better and I will be renewing again for another 6 months. If you aren’t subscribed to Herbal Bliss, why aren’t you?? I paid $17.00 for my box, as I am on a 6 month subscription with one of their promo codes and received almost a $60.00 value ~ which is amazing for a eco-friendly box!
Do you subscribe to Herbal Bliss? Are you interested in this subscription and what products do you want to try out?
[ descriptions in italics from linked websites ]
4 thoughts on “Unboxing June 2016 Herbal Bliss Co”
I am so intrigued by the Rosemary and lavender salt. Will you please update me when you try it?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I put some on a pita bread that I brushed with some olive oil and toasted it. It was amazing! I am going to have to try some of those recipes this weekend – maybe the shortbread, because that looks so easy.
This is my first month with Herbal Bliss and I am so impressed! I love everything in this box and will use it all. I am impressed with the value of this box too. I enjoy learning about new eco friendly products, and all of these are new to me, so was really fun opening everything and trying them out. I can’t wait for next month’s box!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This month is a winner! Normally, it isn’t this much of a RV value (it is around 40.00), but I have always loved the products Julie puts in the boxes ~ and it is hard to find good deals on eco-friendly products.