I am so excited about this trio of Skin Setting Bases from powerhouse brand Jung Saem Mool, provided for review purposes from 0.8liter. I am a HUGE fan of this brand and have purchased so many items over the years from their international shop, but now they have a presence at Amazon USA! All of these Skin Setting Bases are SPF 50+ PA +++ rated with hybrid UV filters, but I still recommend using a sunscreen first before applying these bases. You can use all 3 together, separately or mix-n-match. It’s totally up to you! I will go in the order of application on the face.
Skin Type/Concerns: Oily, blemish prone, pores, aging concerns with fine lines/wrinkles and hyper-pigmentation
I received these products complementary to review and was not paid. All reviews are my own honest opinion and I never have been asked to write copy for a brand. This blog post might contain promo codes, affiliate and referral links, which using my links will help generate a small commission that helps support my blog at no extra cost to you
Depending on the product, there is a mix of both physical and chemical UV filters.
- Skin Setting Tone Correcting Base and Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base both contain six chemical: Octinoxate (UVA/UVB), Homosalate (UVB), Octisalate (UVB), Octocrylene (UVA/UVB), Uvinul A Plus(UVA), Tinosorb S(UVA/UVB) and one physical: Titanium Dioxide (UVA/UVB)
- Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base contains two chemical: Octinoxate (UVA/UVB), , Octisalate (UVB) and two physical: Zinc Oxide (UVA/UVB) andTitanium Dioxide (UVA/UVB)
Depending on the product, there is a Mineral Complex that is very beneficial to the skin.
- Skin Setting Tone Correcting Base and Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base contains Sodium PCA, Mica, Copper Tripeptide-1, Aluminum Hydroxide, along with anti-aging, hydrating Copper Tripeptide-1
- Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base has the most minerals in its formula, with Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Magnesium PCA, Zinc PCA, Manganese PCA,Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Mica and Magnesium Sulfate
They all contain hydrating humectants sodium hyaluronate and glycerin, to help attract and bind moisture to your skin. Each base has their own additional mix of hydrating complexes
- Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base and Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base contain squalane, which penetrates and absorbs rapidly into your skin and has anti-oxidant properties, helping prevent UV damage and hyper-pigmentation age spots, helps cellular growth and is an anti-bacterial. This is an excellent moisturizing ingredient.
- Setting Tone Correcting Base and Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base contain nourishing and moisturizing antioxidant oils such as jojoba, a lightweight, deeply hydrating oil, packed with vitamins E and B-complex, copper and zinc. Sunflower seed oil is another lightweight oil that has a high concentration of powerful anti-oxidant vitamin E. It is known for its hydrating and moisturizing properties and it contains omega fatty acids. Echium seed oil helps repair the skin barrier, smoothing and improving skin’s texture and suppleness. It also helps with collagen boosting and is an anti-inflammatory that can help heal wounds.
Skin Setting Tone Correcting Base is a color correcting primer in a mint green shade ~ this will help tone down redness in your skin, whether it be from blemishes, sunburn, rosacea or other red skin pigmentation as well as evening out the skin tone. You can spot treat this in areas where you need it. This mild formula contains 3% soothing and healing CICA-care centella, hydrating hyaluronic acid-filling spheres that will adhere to the skin, making skin moist and smooth and there is also a hydrating mineral complex of sodium PCA and anti-aging copper peptides. This is the thickest formula of the three.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Homosalate, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate), Titanium Dioxide, Octocrylene, Dibutyl Adipate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate (Uvinul A Plus), Glyceryl Stearate, Denatured Alcohol, Glycerin, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinosorb S), PEG-100 Stearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Panthenol, Caprylyl Methicone, Polysorbate 60, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sucrose Stearate, Squalane, Jojoba Seed Oil, Stearic Acid, Aluminium Oxide, Glyceryl Caprylate, Centella Asiatica Extract (3%), Polyacrylate-13, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyisobutene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, t-Butyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Trihydroxystearin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Tripeptide-1, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green, Yellow Iron Oxide, Fragrance cosDNA
Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base is a weightless CC cream & brightening primer. It is pale pink, very watery product ~ I am presently surprised at this one, as it brightens without looking fake & leaves a very hydrated base behind. This also has sodium PCA, copper peptides and sodium hyaluronate along with antioxidant, skin brightening vitamin C-rich sea buckthorn and camu camu extracts. This really does brighten up the skin with its watery formula and leaves my skin looking fresh. I even stopped here without applying a foundation, and I felt comfortable with just the Tone Correcting & Tone Up Sun Bases on. This is the lightest, most moist and dewy of the three.
Under Eye Brightener: Using a 1:2 ratio , mix sun base and concealer together, to create a peach-beige shade which will help cover dark circles.
Cheek Blusher: Using a 1:2 ratio, mix sun base with powder blusher, turning into a cream blush.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Dibutyl Adipate, Octocrylene, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Denatured Alcohol, Glycerin, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, PEG-100 Stearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium PCA, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Tripeptide-1, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Caprylyl Methicone, Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Squalane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearic Acid, Aluminium Oxide, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, t-Butyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Trihydroxystearin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Red Iron Oxide, Yellow Iron Oxide, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Fragrance cosDNA
Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base is the only product that is not a universal one, as I do think that if you already use green and pink color correctors, you can use the first two products. This one is only for light to medium-light skin tones as the hue is a light beige. I am grateful that it works for my skin tone, as this formula is amazing. It has a second skin finish and I hardly feel like I am wearing any foundation. It is smooth and whereas it isn’t as weightless as the Tone Up Sun Base, it is still a silky lightweight formula that applies evenly for a natural finish
It is neither dewy or matte, just a natural looking formula on my skin. This is made with silver vine, which has had clinical studies that shows that it helps with improved skin translucency, with brighter and more smoother skin. Along with hydrating minerals of sodium, magnesium, zinc and manganese PCA, this also has skin brightening and pore care niacinamide
Tips: You can use this to help smooth and even out your makeup too, using it as a brow product or a lip product.
image from Jung Saem Mool
Ingredients: Purified Water, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Pentaeryrhrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Mica (CI 77019), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Actinidia Polygama Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ceresin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Sodium PCA, Magnesium PCA, Zinc PCA, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Manganese PCA, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance, Yellow Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499) cosDNA
Where to Purchase
Jung Saem Mool Skin Setting Tone Correcting Base, Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base and Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base are all 40mL and come in a hard plastic tube.
Amazon USA with Prime Shipping
- Skin Setting Tone Correcting Base $32.00 and a Subscribe & Save option
- Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base $32.00 and a Subscribe & Save option
- Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base $32.00 and a Subscribe & Save option
Olive Young Global
With these products, you currently get a free gift of 3 Jung Saem Mool Bases 5ml (Tone-Up Sun,Tone Correcting,Tone Balancing). Use my affiliate code of BIANCARDI00 and save 5%.
- Skin Setting Tone Correcting Base $32.68
- Skin Setting Tone Up Sun Base $32.68
- Skin Setting Tone Balancing Base $32.68
[ products received complementary. blog post contains affiliate links ]
2 thoughts on “Jung Saem Mool Skin Setting Bases Review”
I wanted to love these so much because JSM has the best makeup tutorials. Sadly, the super strong fragrance in all three of these was no good for my skin 😖
I’m usually very sensitive about fragrances but I didn’t really smell anything powerful with these. Just goes to show the fragrance is very personal