Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are my own and unbiased. Contains affiliate links
Elizavecca and I have a troubled relationship. It isn’t as if I do not want to like their products, I do. I really enjoy their fun and innovative products in concept ~ from their Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask to Green Piggy Collagen Jelly Pack ~ but those did not have the expected results that I was looking for. I am always willing to give a brand several chances, as I do know that Elizavecca is very popular!
I am a Memebox Ambassador and I was sent Elizavecca Kangsi Pack for review purposes. Let’s see what I thought of it!
Elizavecca Kangsi Pack (24K Gold) Wash Off Pack is supposed to help with uneven skin tone by brightening and reducing hyper-pigmentation, which will even out your skin tone. It is also a balancing mask, so it will help reduce oiliness, while moisturizing. This comes in a handy tube form, with a flip top lid, so it is easy to squeeze out and apply. One of the complaints with “tub” products is that you have to stick your fingers or use a spatula to apply the product, so this is a step in the right direction for those who want to keep their facial products as hygienic as possible.
The design on the tube is very cute, with Elizavecca Piggy mascot (that is the collagen, folks) and molten gold against a vibrant blue background.
Ingredients of Note
- Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) which helps regulate the amount of sebum our skin produces. Lavender balances the oil production of the skin and also helps speed up wound healing.
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) has antimicrobial effects and prevents bacteria from infecting pores
- Berries: Rubus Idaeus (raspberry), Vaccinium Angustifolium (blueberry), Vaccinium Myrtillus (bilberry), Euterpe Oleracea (açaí ), Aristotelia Chilensis (Chilean wineberry), Phyllanthus Emblica (Indian gooseberry) and Vaccinium Macrocarpon (cranberry) ~ Berries are an important skincare ingredient as they have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory proprieties, high in anthocyanins that contain 150 flavonoids. Anthocyanins help protect your connective tissue from being damaged by enzymes and they also repair damage. They are full of phytochemicals and antioxidants, which help suppress oxidization and therefore, inhibit the free radical production. Free radicals cause damage and can destroy cells, which leads to premature aging. Not only do these berries help fight free radicals, but they will soothe and condition your skin. They will help increase skin elasticity, making skin more tone and firm. They also have Vitamin C and A, both which reverse the skin damage caused by free radicals ~ fine lines, wrinkles, hyper-pigementation, broken capillaries. In the case of blueberries, they are also good for blemish prone skin, as it contains salicylates and that will remove dead skin, dirt and debris from pores and also is anti-bacterial and an astringent.
- Propolis (bee glue) is created by honey bees by using the sap from evergreens or the sap on conifer, evergreens and other trees whose leafs are needle-like. This sap is then combined with beeswax and results in a sticky, resinous goo that is used to build their hives. Propolis has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years, and is known for its anti-bacteria, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties as well as speeding up the healing time on wounds. It contains anti-oxidant properties due to its slew of vitamins ~ A, B1, B2, B3, C, bioton (H), bioflavonoids (P) ~ and minerals ~ calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, silicon, potassium, phosphorus, manganese and cobalt and has over 50 different flavonoids. It also is an emollient, so it is not only a good blemish and anti-aging treatment, it also moisturizes your skin as well.
- Licorice Root (Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate) is a brightening ingredient as well as reducing flaking and smoothing your skin. It is also an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen ~ Deeply moisturizes the skin.
- Adenosine is an amino acid and it became popular after it was found to help improve the reduction of wrinkles. Adenosine is safe to use day and night, unlike vitamin C and retinol.
- Ceramide 3 Ceramides are a lipid found in our skin cells and as we age, those ceramides decline, leading to dry, flaky skin. Introducing ceramides back to our skin via skincare products helps lock in moisture and create balanced skin.
- Gold is an skincare ingredient that has a lack of scientific research behind it , but according to fans of gold in skincare, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
The first thing I notice when I applied it to my skin was its color. It is a shimmering gold color and it is quite beautiful ~ it does look like liquid gold. I feel like C-3PO! It is not overly sticky, and it is easy to apply a thick layer on my skin. The scent is very generic. It reminds me of soap and it isn’t really anything great ~ just a soapy scent. I wish it was more herbal, due to all of the wonderful herbs in this product, but for whatever reason, Elizavecca played it safe here.
Within seconds after applying, the thinner areas of the mask started to turn white. As the mask dried on my face, I did not feel any major tightening or itchy sensations ~ this mask does not contain clay and it is more of a moisturizing/balancing mask. It is not a detox mask as it does not have ingredients that I would associate with a deep pore cleaning mask. After 20 minutes, the mask was completely white on my face and had dried down to a powder-like texture. I then just rinsed off the mask with warm water.
I wasn’t expecting much from this mask, so I was very surprised to see that my pores appeared smaller! I’ve used this mask several times and this is the case in every time ~ my pores look smaller and tighter. I have not noticed a “brighter” complexion, but my face is hydrated and smooth. Plus the PORES!! That is an unexpected benefit, as there is nothing in the product description that claims it helps with the appearance of pores. I also feel this helps with my excess oil as well, as my face didn’t feel oily or greasy, but just moisturized.
Description: Say goodbye to dull and uneven skin tone! Elizavecca Kangsi Pack is a unique mask pack infused with 24K gold powder extract, berry extracts, green herb extracts and hydrolyzed collagen which promote smooth and radiant skin. It balances the skin’s natural hydration levels to keep the skin at its healthiest state. This pack leaves visible results right after one usage!
Ingredients: Water, Silica, Alcohol, Maltose, Glycerin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf/Flower/Stem Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (thyme) Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica (Indian gooseberry) Fruit Extract, Aristotelia Chilensis (Chilean wineberry) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (açaí ) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (raspberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (bilberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (cranberry) Fruit Extract, Propolis Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hydrolyzed collagen, Adenosine, Ceramide 3, Gold, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Tin oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
I think I finally found an Elizavecca product that meets my expectations! I did not care for the scent too much, too soapy, but I really loved how this mask pack temporarily tightened up my pores and reduced their appearance. It also helped with my excess oil and kept my skin hydrated. I am pleasantly surprised with this mask, as normally I do find many of their products to be all “cool” factor without any noticeable results. I am so pleased with this product that I am going to purchase the Elizavecca Water Lock Hydrogel Melting facial sheet mask the next time I place an order with Memebox.
You can purchase the Kangsi Pack 120 mL tube for $16.00 at Memebox (click here), as it is currently on sale ~ normal price is $24.00. Have you tried Elizavecca Kangsi Pack? What did you think of it? Please let me know in the comments below!
Memebox USA Current Sales and Promos!
- PREP&PRIME15 Save 15% off products to help you prep your skin for a flawless look! This coupon code only applies to the products within this category “Prep & Prime Sale”. This promotion ends Monday, February 29, 2016 at 9AM PST.
[ this blog post contains affiliate links ]
[Product received complementary for review purposes. All opinions are my own and are unbiased ]