I am very familiar with Tosowoong products, as I own many of them ~ sparkle propolis ampoule, tea tree lotion, propolis lotion, snail lotion, bee venom mist and lotion, syn-ake essence and lotion, just to name a few! Other than back in the hey-days of Global Memebox and eBay, there aren’t that many vendors that carry Tosowoong until now.. Cupidrop! Cupidrop.com is a fairly new K-Beauty online shop that carries some really great brands: Primary Raw ~ a major favorite of mine, A.True, Guaam Method, Nature Republic, cosRX and many other brands, including Tosowoong. They always give a lot of samples with your purchases, have specials, monthly giveaways and free shipping for purchases over $50.00 in the USA. They also ship internationally as well.
Cupidrop graciously sent me two Tosowoong products for review purchases and I was shocked to find out that they were FULL sized items! So generous and I am very appreciative of this, as it is rare that I am sponsored 😀 Many thanks to Kate and Cupidrop. I received two of the products in the “Monster” line ~ Oil Foam Cocoon Cleanser and Pack Cocoon ~ of which the latter product, I will have a review later on for you.
Tosowoong Monster Oil Foam Cocoon cleanser is just what it states it is ~ it is an oil and foaming cleanser in one! It starts out as an oil so it can remove makeup and dirt; then when you add water, it will become a foaming cleanser, to remove oil and sweat, cleansing your face as if you did a double cleanse! When I hold this cleanser up to the light, I notice it has black cellulose capsules, which along with the volcanic ash in this product, will exfoliate your skin gently. I do like the packaging of this cleanser ~ a smoke grey translucent plastic container with a pump applicator.
- Silkworm Cocoon (1,000 ppm) extracts help reinforce the skin barrier, while gently moisturizing. They contain sericin, which helps boost the production of collagen in your skin, helping to heal acne scars, reduce hyper-pigmentation and increase elasticity in your skin.
- Volcanic Ash has a fine and porous texture, that can gently exfoliate your skin and absorb excess oil
- Caviar is rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B6, amino acids and will hydrate your skin, while helping to slow down the aging process, by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as firming your skin.
- Propolis, Honey and Royal Jelly extracts ~ the Bee trifecta! These ingredients have anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-aging properties, helping to heal blemishes and rashes, while moisturizing your skin.
- Gold is reported to help protect your skin from harmful external elements and will help remove waste from your skin. It also is reported to have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, which will help with reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- EFG (rh-Oligopeptide-1) is a peptide that helps in rejuvenating skin by helping absorb nutrients, help speed up skin cell turnover and regeneration, which will help heal wounds. The growth of new skin cells can help reduce hyper-pigmentation by replacing dark spots.
- This product has several oils in it ~ Olive, Bixa Orellana, Sunflower and Soybean ~ to help moisturize and soften your skin. Oils will also help break up dirt and makeup on your skin.
- Amino Acid Complex made up of 17 ingredients ~ Glycine, Glutamic acid, Serine, Aspartic acid, Leucine, Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Proline, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Methionine, Cysteine ~ to help moisture and supply nutrients to your skin
When I first pump the oil foam cleanser into my hand, I notice that it is a clear-yellowish oil with bits of dark specks in it, which must be the volcanic ash. Its scent is one of a clean soap ~ it isn’t floral or sweet, just a generic soapy scent. This cleanser does have a higher pH level of 9, but it does contain several moisturizing oils in it, so I will give it a try! I did use a pore brush to get the foam level below, as it is not a dense foaming product.
Using my standard long lasting makeup swatched on my hand ~ NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes, Clinique High Impact Mascara, Innisfree Jeju Color Picker Glow Liquid Eyeshadow, Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner, Chosungah 22 Dual Lip Tint ~ I then applied the oil cleanser on my hand. I first massaged it in as an oil and then using a pore brush, I was able to produce a nice foam on my hand. After I rinsed off my hand, Tosowoong Monster Oil Foam Cocoon cleanser got almost everything off, except for one product. I am getting more and more impressed with theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes lipstick. Many cleansers can’t seem to remove that completely, so I won’t hold it against this cleanser!!
I did use this on my face and it did not leave a stripped feeling, nor was my face dry or tight afterwards. I did not experience any blemishes or excess oiliness on my face either from using this product.
Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Tocopherol, Lactose, Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Jojoba Esters, CI 77499, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caviar Extract, Honey Extract, Propolis Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Albumen Extract , Silkworm Cocoon Extract (1,000ppm), rh-Oligopeptide-1, Volcanic Ash, Gold, Glycine, Glutamic acid, Serine, Aspartic acid, Leucine, Alanine, Lysine, Arginine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Proline, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Methionine, Cysteine, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Propanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
image courtesy of cupidrop.com
This is a fun and useful product and it seems that Tosowoong and other Korean brands are capitalizing on the scary theme ~ zombie packs, vampire lipsticks and now Monster products! I think that if you are looking for a three in one product ~ an oil cleanser, exfoliating product and a foaming cleanser, this product might be of interest to you. I think that all ages would enjoy using this product, especially younger adults and teens, due to the novelty aspect of the packaging. However, the ingredients are solid ~ these are not cheapo ingredients but ones that I would look for in my skin care products ~ soybean oil, amino acids, volcanic ash, vitamin E, propolis, honey and royal jelly.
I also think that all skin types, barring any sensitivities to the ingredients or other skin issues, could use this product, as it is gentle enough for dry skin with all of the hydrating oils and yet will effectively cleanse without adding more oil to oilier skin types. The scent is pretty generic, but that also might be a major selling point for men looking for oil-foam cleansers too, as it is unisex. One down side could be the pH level of 9, but I also believe that due to the high amount of oils in this product, my face was not dry or tight afterwards.
You can purchase this product at Cupidrop.com Tosowoong Monster Oil Foam Cocoon for $30.00 for 110 mL size container. What do you think about this concept of an oil + foam cleanser in one?
[ this product was complementary and sent to me for the purposes of review. All opinions are unbiased and my own ]
4 thoughts on “Tosowoong Monster Oil Foam Cocoon Cleanser Review!”
Only the PH scares me away. I’ll be trying the pack for sure…
LikeLiked by 1 person
The pack is next on my list! I will say this product didn’t strip my face dry and I do wonder if the oils keep it that way. I never pH oil cleansers as the strips aren’t made for “pure” oil cleansers so I wonder if pure oil cleansers would register this high as well on a pH strip? Note to myself – test one and see!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve heard that oils are hard to test for PH… I don’t recall why. But that’s why no one tests them. Maybe the oil in this throws off the test? I know cutting out sulfate a did nothing for my skin but watching PH has… Still getting that pack!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think it is because the pH strip works with the reaction of a water-based substance (or something like that – I read it somewhere – ahah) Yes, for many people, lower pH levels have helped a lot! I just disclose now the pH level as I know that is of interest to my readers 😀