blog post contains affiliate links
I debated whether to unbox this one as it was out of stock when I received it. However, I noticed that this box along with other skin expert level boxes, come in and out of stock frequently at Memebox, so I decided to do an unboxing in case you wanted to bookmark it for when it does come back into stock. I missed out the first few times this box was available and I know it was in stock last weekend, so I believe Memebox will carry this again. I purchased this box because I do have oily skin and am blemish prone. I loved all of the brands in this box and thought I couldn’t go wrong with it.
We know…acne prone skin is so hard to deal with. But we have a solution so you can combat those stubborn blemishes. Treat and prevent acne like a pro with the help of these products formulated with salicylic acid and Tea tree known to visibly improve, heal and clear your skin’s acne. Unveil a clearer complexion and start the purge now!
Skinfood Tea Tree Moisture Cleansing Foam Memebox stated this is the Bubble Cleanser, but pictured and sent the Moisture version. Make no mistake, there is a difference! I love Skinfood products and was excited to see a tea tree cleansing foam in this box. Tea Tree is oily-skin’s best friend as it helps heal, soothe and remove bacteria that causes blemishes. This is a very dense cream that does smell like tea tree ~ not surprising as it contains 4,500 mg of tea tree extract and 300 mg of tea tree oil, and it foams up beautifully, soft and thick. It does have a pH level of 10 to 11. I can tolerate a higher pH level and will use a cleanser if my skin feels soft, moist and not stripped of its good oils, but I do draw the line at 11. If it has been 10 or under, I might have tried it on my face ~ so now, it comes a body wash! Full Size 150 mL RV $18.00
Ingredients: Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract (4500mg), Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethinoate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PEG-40 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Oleanolic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (300mg), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Tartaric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Allantoin, Malic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Sucrose, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Glycolic Acid, Urea cosDNA.com analysis
Papa Recipe Trouble AC Toner I love Papa Recipe Honey products ~ see my review here ~ and am excited to try another product from them. This is a clarifying toner that contains some really good ingredients for oily/blemish prone skin
- Centella Asiatica is a soothing, anti-inflammatory and is a common herbal ingredient that is used medicinally to help speed up wound healing, such as blemishes and skin rashes. It also helps minimize the appearance of pores, and since it stimulates collagen production, it will make your skin more supple and firm.
- Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Azelaic Acid help gently exfoliate your skin, to remove dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil.
- Wakame is a sea plant and seaweed has anti-aging properties, as well as anti-inflammatory and can slow down hyper-pigmentation.
- Licorice Root (Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate) is a brightening ingredient as well as reducing flaking and smoothing your skin. It is also an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan and Glycerin are all highly hydrating ingredients that will attract and trap moisture in your skin
According to Papa Recipe, the pH level of this toner is a 4, so if that is true, it will be good to help exfoliate clogged pores and remove skin wastes. This does contain alcohol, but is fragrance-free and parabens free. Full Size 200 mL RV $14.00
Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Alcohol, Soy Isoflavones, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Pinus Radiata Bark Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida (Wakame) Extract, Evernia Furfuracea (Tree/Iceland moss) Extract ,Zanthoxylum Piperitum (Japanese Pepper) Fruit Extract , Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glycerin, Allantoin, Azelaic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate cosDNA.com analysis
D’ran Wonder Teatree Essence I purchased the spot gel from D’ran and I really like it (review here) and this is the matching essence. I am a huge tea tree junkie so having an essence that I can slather on my oily skin is fantastic. This doesn’t smell much like tea tree but has a slight bitter fragrance ~ which might be due to the willow bark extract. This is not only a blemish fighter, but anti-wrinkle and brightening product, due to its stellar ingredient list. Memebox has the wrong description here, as that is for the matching oil, as this does not contain meadowfoam oil.
- Salix Alba (willow) Bark is a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) which helps exfoliate skin by removing dead skin cells, contains salicylic acid, to help combat acne. It is also high in anti-oxidants, which tone and reduce inflammation as well as being an astringent, to control oil. Salicylic acid is fat soluble, so it can really get to the oil that is inside your pores.
- Chamaecyparis Obtusa (Hinoki cypress) contains phytoncide and is supposed to refresh and vitalize your skin by promoting skin cell turnover at a faster rate.
- Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment is a potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. Fermented soybeans contain polypeptides which are highly moisturizing.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree) is an anti fungal, antibacterial and antiseptic ingredient and helps prevent and heal acne
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) ~ This is a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anti-inflammatory, improves your skin elasticity, enhance the skin barrier function and also it helps to even out skin tone and reduce post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Hamamelis Virginana (witch hazel) is an blemish prone skin’s best friend because it has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities which helps clear up acne and it removes excess oil from skin. It also helps shrinks blood vessels, which tightens our skin. Witch Hazel can speed up healing and is a powerful anti-inflammatory, which also helps soothe skin. Finally, Witch Hazel refreshes and rejuvenates skin, refines the pores and seal in moisture.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is an intensive moisturizing ingredient which bonds water to keep skin hydrated. It is a natural substance found in the human body and it made up of amino and uronic acids, and helps retain 100 to 1,000 times its own water weight in our skin cells.
- Allantoin is known for healing, soothing and softening skin, it also helps remove cracked and chapped skin, leaving behind healthy looking skin.
- Adenosine is yeast derived and is an anti-wrinkle and anti-inflammatory ingredient.
This sounds pretty exciting! This product doesn’t contain parabens, mineral oil, artificial fragrance and dyes and no animal testing was conducted. It DOES contain alcohol, the box label has the ingredients in English, so I don’t know why they state it doesn’t contain that (sigh). The serum is a nice medium weight serum, and it glides on smoothly and has an initial gloss, but does absorb fully after a few minutes into my skin. Full Size 50 mL RV $33.00
Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, salix alba (willow) bark extract, origanum vulgare (oregano) leaf extract, chamaecyparis obtusa (Hinoki cypress) leaf extract, lactobacillus/soybean ferment extract, cinnamomum cassia bark extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, portulaca oleracea extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf extract, centella asiatica extract, alcohol, niacinamide, hamamelis virginana (witch hazel) extract, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, glyceryl caprylate, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, phenoxyethanol, allantoin, disodium EDTA, xanthan gum, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, adenosine cosDNA.com analysis
Innisfree Broccoli Clearing Lotion This is part of the Super Food line from Innisfree
- Broccoli: Blackheads and Sebum Care
- Red Beet: Clear skin and Moisturizing Care
- Blueberry: pH Balance and Moisturizing Care
- Kale: Anti-oxidant and Firming Care
- Oat: Moisturizing and Nourishing Care
- Blackberry: Anti-oxidant men skincare line
I have tried the Blueberry Low pH Cleanser (review here and LOVE IT!), Red Beet Bright Toning Cleanser (review here ~ not love) and Red Beet Bright Toning Skin (love it and review soon!), so I am happy to have another product from this line. This contains 500mg of broccoli extracts, which naturally has salicylic acid (.1%) so it will help exfoliate and gently remove dirt and excess oil from your skin. This also has chia seed extracts, which means this is a very hydrating lotion ~ I love lotions instead of creams, as with my oily skin, having lighter skincare products that I can layer means that I can avoid having oily, greasy skin. Innisfree is one of those brands that I find a lot of great products and I am so happy to have this in here. Full Size 130 mL RV $14.00
- Broccoli is a superfood as it not only contains antioxidants like beta-carotene and Vitamin C, it also has Vitamin B complex, Vitamin E ~ which creates radiant skin and shiny hair as it revives skin tissue, Vitamin A and K, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Amino Acids and Folic Acid (Vitamin B9). All of these vitamins help care for your skin and keep it glowing and healthy. Broccoli also contains glucoraphanin, a phytonutrient, which has been reported in reversing sun damage on your skin.
- Salvia Hispanica Seed (chia seed) is an ancient seed used by Aztec and Mayan civilizations and is considered a superfood, due to its rich store of nutrients and full of fiber and protein. Chia actually means “Strength” in Mayan, as they knew how important this food item was in their diet. Chia seeds can hold up to 10 times their weight in water and in skincare, the antioxidant rich seeds are used to help reduce wrinkles and hydrate. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids, so it will help calm your skin as it is an anti-inflammatory
Ingredients: water, hydrogenated C6-14 olefin polymers, propanediol, dicaprylyl carbonate, alcohol, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, 1,2-hexanediol, cyclomethicone, cetearyl olivate, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, glyceryl stearate, sorbitan olivate, carbomer, tromethamine, salvia hispancia (chia) seed extract, centella asiatica extract, houttuynia cordata extract, gaultheria procumbens (wintergreen) leaf extract, pogostemon cablin oil, ethylhexylglycerin, disodium EDTA, brassica oleracea italica (broccoli) extract (500mg), glyceryl caprylate cosDNA.com analysis
Bon Vivant Botanical Mask Pack Soothing & Hydrating Aloe This was a freebie and it was either the aloe version or the Pore Tightening & Sebum Control Mint Tea Tree. Between the two, I love the Aloe much more. RV $2.00 This is my original review on this mask
This mask is designed to calm sensitive skin and also deeply hydrate your skin. Memebox has created a sheet mask whose mask material is made from the botanical fibers of the main ingredient ~ in this case, aloe vera fibers ~ and instead of water as the primary ingredient, uses the main ingredient “juice” ~ again aloe vera extract for this mask.
The mask sheet is a brown material and whereas it isn’t thin like a silk mask, it isn’t thick either. However, it is clusmy to unfold and place on your skin, even with the plastic grid-like protector. I find this a bit hard to unfold and I am pretty good at these things. The mask is soaked with essence, but there isn’t a lot left over, so the mask fibers are really absorbing that liquid. My face feels tingly and cool when I wear these masks ~ according to Memebox, that is because my skin is “working hard to recover its healthy pH levels” ~ What? Is that correct? hmmm, I have never read anything like that before anywhere and there isn’t anything unusual about these ingredients that would make me think that.
The scent is a soapy, light floral scent. My face does feel refreshed and cool after 35 minutes and I can see that the Bon Vivant masks would be better choices in the summertime for me. They both are very cooling and refreshing without being in the frig and feel nice on the skin. I still would love to know what makes these ingredients “recover my pH levels” ~ I cannot see it here. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about this can enlighten me? The only thing I can think of is the tromethamine ingredient, as it is a pH adjuster, but it is so far down the ingredient list, I am not sure it would have this effect. This is a fantastic mask!
Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Allantoin, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer , Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Tromethamine , Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance cosDNA.com analysis
This is an excellent box even though the facial cleanser is now a body cleanser ~ haha. I do think that the MemeValue is over inflated here ($79.00), but since I will use all of the products, I find that this was a good price at $35.00. I love Innisfree and D’ran, plus I am truly exited about trying out the Papa Recipe product. The Acne Skincare box is out of stock right now, but there are a couple of boxes at Memebox that would be really good for oily and blemish prone skin
- Mini Benton Trial Kit I don’t own this box, but I love Benton Snail-Bee products and have been using the Aloe products this summer with great success. Check out my past reviews on Benton products here.
- Korean Beauty Starter Kit- Troubled Skin Speaking of Benton Aloe, this has the full size Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel product as well as Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble Skin Toner (love this!), along with other products. You can read my full unboxing here
- Cosrx Box 2.0 hmmm. I loved the original cosRX box but this one is pretty lame. The cleanser in here is lackluster, imho (read my review here) but there are a couple of really good products in this box. I would recommend purchasing these 3 products instead of this box: cosRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap, cosRX Acne Pimple Master Patch and Ciracle Anti-Blemish Tea Tree Face Wash (review on Ciracle and cosRX lotion here)
Other cheap, but great deals: I am excited to see the “Mini” Hair Care Box back in stock (it has full size items, not mini ~ my unboxing review here) and I did purchase the Summer Essential Box, because (a) it is cheap (b) the lemon gel sounds amazing (c) masks and (d) one of the masks is a foot peeling mask (read my Skinfood Mint Sparkling Foot Peeling review here on why you should try this!!)
Were you one of the lucky folks to be able to purchase this box? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you 🙂
- Free shipping off your order of $35 or more
- Free shipping on any order from 6/11/2016 thru 6/13/2016 (9am PST) use FREESHIPPING promo code ~ a savings of $7.50
- If you are new to Memebox, you use my referral link here and get 20% off your first order of $25.00 or more!
- WELCOME for 15% off for your first purchase (may not work all the time)
- If you purchase from Memebox and this is your first time purchase, you can use promo code 101smiles for 10% off.
- MAKEUPLOVE for 15% off any order (may not work all the time)
[ this blog contains affiliate & referral links ]
[ promo images and description in italics from the linked websites in the product name ]