I love my FOREO Luna Mini’s and now I finally get the chance to try out a couple of the full size Luna’s! I received Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin and Luna 3 for Men, complementary from FOREO in exchange for a review. See all of my FOREO (FOR-RAY-OH) reviews here
Skin Type/Concerns: Oily, blemish prone, pores, aging, hyper-pigmentation, fine lines/wrinkles
All reviews are my own honest opinion and I never have been asked to write copy for a brand. This blog post might contain promo codes, affiliate and referral links, which using my links will help generate a small commission that helps support my blog at no extra cost to you.
FOREO is a Swedish based company that has created a line of skin and beauty devices, including Luna 2, Mini Luna 2, Luna foto (so many Luna’s), UFO ~ smart sheet mask treatment, ESPADA ~ a blue light acne treatment, IRIS ~ eye T-Sonic massager, BEAR series micro current devices and ISSA ~ sonic pulse toothbrush.
image from foreo
Luna 3 is much larger than the Luna 3 Mini. It is a more elongated, oval shape and the soft silicon bristles are on one side only with the flip side having concentric ridges for a firming facial massage. Let’s get into the commonality between the Luna 3 for Men and Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin
- T-Sonic Pulsations: 16 different intensities and 8,000 T-Sonic™ pulsations per minute. The ‘T’ is for transdermal, which means ‘through the skin’. Sonic waves are just sound waves and they do vibrate very fast, so when you use the Luna, these sound waves will be able to loosen up dirt, oil and makeup residue deep into your pores, without being harsh or irritating. Sonic waves increase the blood circulation, so your skin has a healthy radiant glow and it exfoliates without harsh chemicals or physical exfoliating ingredients.
- Bacterial Resistant Silicone which is 35 times more hygienic that nylon. BPA and phthalate-free
- 650 plus uses per charge
- No replacement brush heads
- Concentric ridges for a facial massage
- Universal Power Button that handles on/off and enables Bluetooth pairing mode and is on the same side as the charging port.
- Indicator lights ~ flashes when in Bluetooth pairing mode and blinks when it needs charging
- Same size and about the size of my palm
- Price point is the same ~ $199.00 USD
- Luna 3 actually has three versions, Normal Skin in Pink, Combination Skin in Blue and Sensitive Skin in Lavender
- Luna 3 For Men only comes in Black
- Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin has four Firming Massage Treatments via Bluetooth
- Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin has softer and longer touch points, to reach deeper into pores while being gentle
- Luna 3 For Men has shorter and bit more stiff touch points as it is designed for men with facial hair compared to the Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin
They also share a lot of the same features and setup as my trusted Luna Mini 3 ~ As with all FOREO devices, you should register your device on FOREO’s SmartApp ~ this allows you to keep track of your devices and customize any treatment plans. For FOREO Luna, just open up the App, select the LUNA series and scan in the bar code or enter the serial number that is on the bottom of your Luna
The SmartApp also allows you to find your Luna, in case you misplaced it or someone decided to borrow it in your household. You just select the “Find My Device” option. You may get out of reach messages, so keep looking and once it is found, you will hear the buzzing of your Luna 3
To select the intensity and duration level, you will go to the settings in the app and then select both the intensity and duration per facial quadrant. This is actually quite handy as once you set your preferences, your Luna 3 will always use them until you change them again in the app. The intensity goes up to 16 settings and the duration is based on the totality of each quad. Every time each quad is completed, the device will light up at the bottom and also give a little hiccup, to let you know to move to the next quadrant. There is only one treatment, but you program it the way you want it to be. Once you set your intensity and duration, you do not need to have your SmartApp open to use your FOREO Luna 3
If you want to use the Massage Unit, you must be connected to your SmartApp for this to work. You can do a simple massage by using the Massage Mirroring Option, which allows you to control the intensity of pulsations or use one of the treatments that come with your Luna 3 Model.
The Circular Ridges for Massaging is actually enhanced in the Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin. Luna 3 for Men has a basic treatment, but Luna 3 for Sensitive Skin ~ and I assume it is the same for Normal and Combination Skin devices ~ has four different massage treatments. This is where your SmartApp comes into play. All massages work on one side of the face first and then mirrors the treatment on the opposite side.
Luna 3 for Men just has a combo massage and cleansing treatment that is 1 minute long.
How do I feel about these massage treatments? I wish there was a way to activate them without the SmartApp ~ The first several times you do them, you do need the SmartApp as it talks you through the steps and also shows you visually. Once I am used to them, I feel that it is painful to have the SmartApp all the time ~ what if I wanted to do these massage treatments in the shower, where my FOREO resides? That said, this is very innovative and I do know they update the SmartApp options regularly, adding new treatments and enhancements.
FOREO Luna 3 is not inexpensive, but they do come with a 2 year limited warranty and a 10 year quality guarantee. When you purchase from FOREO’s site, they also have free shipping with purchases $50.00 and over. FOREO does ship to many countries worldwide as well! FOREO takes all different types of payments: major credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, JCB International Asia; Paypal, Alipay, Amazon Pay and if you live in the USA, you can use flexible payments with Afterpay.
- Luna 3 $199.00 Sensitive (Lavender), Normal (Pink), Combination (Blue)
- Luna 3 for Men $199.00 only comes in Black
My next review will be on a product that hasn’t hit the USA market yet but already is in the European market ~ Luna 3 PLUS for Sensitive Skin. This has a heated component
[ product received in exchange for an honest review ]