I blogged about a new makeup collection by the pop band, One Direction, here on my blog. I was lucky enough to receive one of these limited edition makeup kits, courtesy of BrandBacker and markwins
Each tin contains the following:
- Liquilights Glow Gloss ~ A sparkling lippie during the day, an immuninating gloss at night under black light
- One Direction creme lipstick ~ wear alone or layer with the gloss
- Eyeshadow ~ four richly pigmented colors and a bold glitter creme shadow, all together in a compact.
- Chubby pencil ~ a rich, smooth pencil which can be worn as an eyeliner, eyeshadow or body crayon
- Little Black Dress mascara ~ carbon black volumzing mascara
- Nail polish ~ bold, trendy shades, in metallics and glitter, are quick drying and long wearing
- Bonus One Direction stencils ~ adorn your body with cool doodles!
- Little Black Dress Mascara ~ a very black mascara. I didn’t find this mascara to be that great and it flaked
- Best Song Ever ~ a very red, crimson creme lipstick. Very RED. I did not try this as I cannot wear bright red lipsticks
- Better than Words ~ a chubby black eye pencil. This is too big to be used as a eyeliner, and they mention it can be used to “doodle” with their stencils on your body. Not. Going. To. Doodle. On. My. Body. I would have liked another color other than black.
- Through the Dark ~ a glow-in-the dark lip gloss. It is a poppy glitter bomb red during the day and a red-orange neon under UV light. Again, this is not for me, not that I wouldn’t appreciate or like glow-in-the-dark lip gloss, it is the color. I loathe bright reds like this.
- Stencils ~ To doodle on your body. Woot! Not.
- Right Now ~ NOW, we are getting somewhere!! This is a great dark steel metallic grey nail polish. I painted my toenails with this and after 1 1/2 weeks, it is still on my toes. Not a chip anywhere. I love this color.
- 4-in-1 Eye Shadow Palette
- Little White Lies – palest warm grey
- Don’t Forget Where You Belong – soft pink shimmer
- Half a Heart – metal grey
- Strong – charcoal black matte shimmer (this is an oxymoron ~ you cannot be matte and shimmer at the same time)
- Midnight Memories – silver glitter cream
This eyeshadow palette is really nice. I did need to wear a primer, as the colors are not that long lasting, but with a primer, they lasted 8 hours without touch-ups. My favorites are the “Don’t Forget Where You Belong” and “Half a Heart” colors, which are beautiful shades ~ a soft shimmery pink and a lovely medium metal grey.
I am not sure what demographic this makeup is supposed to target. These colors here are way too dark and bold for a tween and young teen and I would think that women in their 20’s and up would not be interested in purchasing a pop band’s brand of makeup. I can see an 17-19 year old purchasing these items and the colors being appropriate ~ however, that is such a narrow demographic. I would suggest that they come out with separates and drop the bright red lipstick and black chubby eyeliners (which cannot be used as eyeliners…)
However, the eyeshadows and nail polish in this kit are great and I am much older than their target demographic and I will wear them!
You can purchase this and the other two collections in the U.S at
- Stage Stores
- Beauty Brands
- Lord and Taylor
For even more information, please check out http://www.facebook.com/MakeupbyOneDirection
[I received complementary products to review ]